cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC/ODBC connection failure message

Former Member
0 Kudos

ERROR: Attempt to access JDBC connection failed with "java.sql.SQLException: [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver]Optional feature not implemented".

This is the error message I receive when attempting to use a JDBC connection via the ODBC bridge to write to a Microsoft Access database. Is there a working example of setting up the Outbound JDBC Adapter for this scenario?

It is not for a production environment, but for a presales demo. SQL Server is not an option at this point.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We're also trying to access an MSAccess db through the jdbc odbc driver, however, we've tried changing values for db.transactionIsolation, but the problem persists.

Is there any solution to this error?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member189324
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Leander,

The problem looks like a SQL connection error.

Thanks

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have exacly the same problem.

Can you please share the answer with us?

Our jdbc config parameters are:

db.jdbcDriver=sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver

db.connectionURL=jdbc:odbc:localtest

db.processDBSQLStatement=Select * from TEST_TABLE

Regards,

Victor.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It seems I solved the problem, so in case somebody needs it:

In order to work with Microsoft Access XP (I didn't check other versions) set the db.transactionIsolation parameter to 2 (it is 8 by default).

Regards,

Victor.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

Pls let me know how I get rid of this stupid error. I am stuck. It says it is unable to initialize the JDBC driver for MS Sql server. One more thing where do I do the Classpath settings.

TIA,

Zubair

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please post an error message here because I don't understand you problem.

In the adapter directory open run_adaptrs.but file and add the jdbs jars (located in the same folder) to you path.

Regards,

Victor.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

This is the error I get. I have added the driver .jar files into the adapter directory and restarted the AdapterEngine service. Still I get the following..

ERROR: Attempt to load JDBC driver failed ("com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver")

Attempt to intialize JDBC adapter failed

Are there any other settings to make ?

would be a great help,

Thanks

Zubair

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zubair

This error means that java can't find the driver class.

As far as I know Microsoft JDBC is more then one jar, so take a look to Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 313100 for additional details.

This is the link:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;313100

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

Its now working. I had to reinstall the service, edit the install_service.bat and add the corresponding jars into the classpath and restart the service. It then worked. Thanks any way for your help.

cheers

Zubair

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Iam working on same scenario.

I want to update the MS Access Table through XI

I have given the JDBC Driver as

<b>sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver</b>

and connection as

<b>jdbc:odbc:XIDSN</b>

But this give sme an error

<b>Receiver Adapter v1109 for Party '', Service 'TBIT40_MSACCESS_BS':

Configured at 11:59:37 2005-09-30

Processing Error: Accessing database connection 'jdbc:odbc:XIDSN' failed: java.sql.SQLException: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified

Addtional information: JDBC driver 'sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver' loaded successfully, additional driver information:

Available JDBC drivers:

oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver, 1.0 JDBC compliant

sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver, 2.1 JDBC compliant</b>

where XIDSN is my Data Source Name.

How does XI know where XIDSN is?

What should be the Connection that should be specified at the Integartion Directory of XI.