cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BarCode Scanner and Printer Connectivity with xMII

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need to communicate with BarCode Scanner and printer using xMII. Is there any printer or scanner supports xMII directly and if anyone knows list of Barcode printer which supports? . We have not confirmed about the brand and model of the Barcode scanner and printer yet .Need suggestion on this.

Thanks,

Bala

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I made a custom action block to interface with the printing facility of our platform product. I have also been able to use Bartender (http://www.seagullscientific.com/aspx/btw_controlling_the_bar_tender.aspx) with some success. Can you give us some more details of you scenario?

Former Member
0 Kudos

BarTender is a great product - it just works.

Former Member
0 Kudos

My Scenario is in our plant we need to provide barcode for inward goods and in each stage we need to add extra information to the barcode. We wanted to use xMII for communicating with the printer and scanner in each stage of the operation.

We got flexiblity to choose the brand and model of printer and scanner which supports connectivity provided by xMII, i mean the data transfer.

Is it possible to get only the printer or scanner which support any SAP format without investing much on Bartender or any software package?

Thanks,

Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is this a handheld of fixed scanner? Are the labels applied manually?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

We use Symbol scanners, and they read directly into the input field on the webpage.

Printers are more difficult, we use the intermec PD4, but to print we need to write the output to a textfile and then port it to the printer.

The printer uses a template, that you design yourself, and the port the text to that template.

Andy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

check the other posts. This question comes up frequently.

Keep in mind, xMII is a web-based application, therefore the web browser handles the printing as well as accepts input from any valid input device.

xMII and printers and scanners are all agnostic to each other.