Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Find out Advanced Function in Mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We Installed PI 7.0.

Here In IR --> Mapping

If I Want to Create Any Adv User Defined Function Means , that option is not there.

Only i have One Click on that Button.

I don't have the Other Option of Having the ADV Functions to Create.

Please Let Me Know

Regards

Khanna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

From Sp 14 onwards you will not have an explicit option to create Advanced UDF's.

When you select the option Queue or Cache, the UDF is an advanced UDF.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavesh,

Thanks 4 the info, Just wondering why such changes are not updated in the help docs / are the actually updated ?

regards

krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

We Have Total 3 Radio Buttons Here

1.Value

2.Context

3.Queue

Then What is the option if I Want to Create A Simple UDF

Please Let me Know

Regards

Khanna

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Value.

Regards

Bhavesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answered

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

go thru the following

Activities

1. To create a new user-defined function, in the data-flow editor, choose Create New Function (This graphic is explained in the accompanying text), which is located on the lower left-hand side of the screen. In the menu, choose Simple Function or <b>Advanced Function.</b>

2. In the window that appears, specify the attributes of the new function:

Name

Technical name of the function. The name is displayed in the function chooser and on the data-flow object.

Description

Description of how the function is used.

Cache

Function type (see above)

Argument Count

In this table, you specify the number of input values the function can process, and name them. All functions are of type String.

3. In the window that appears, you can create Java source code:

a. You can import Java packages to your methods from the Imports input field, by specifying them separated by a comma or semi-colon:

You do not need to import the packages java.lang., java.util., java.io., and java.lang.reflect. since all message mappings require these packages and therefore import them. You should be able to access standard JDK and J2EE packages of the SAP Web Application Server by simply specifying the package under Import. In other words, you do not have to import it as an archive into the Integration Repository. You can also access classes of the SAP XML Toolkit, the SAP Java Connector, and the SAP Logging Service (see also: Runtime Environment (Java-Mappings)).

In addition to the standard packages, you can also specify Java packages that you have imported as archives and that are located in the same, or in an underlying software component version as the message mapping.

b. Create your Java source text in the editor window or copy source text from another editor.

4. Confirm with Save and Close.

5. User-defined functions are limited to the message mapping in which you created the function. To save the new function, save the message mapping.

6. To test the function, use the test environment.

The new function is now visible in the User-Defined function category. When you select this category, a corresponding button is displayed in the function chooser pushbutton bar. To edit, delete, or add the function to the data-flow editor, choose the arrow next to the button and select from the list box displayed.

regards

krishna