cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doubts in SAP(Idoc)-XI-Flat file scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am sending Delivery Idoc from R/3 and I am able to view the Idoc in XI in transaction IDX5. Also i m able to see the XML structure with the data of the idoc in SXMB_MONI.

Now as per my scenario I have to download this to a flat file from XI.

My question is, should I have to do the creation of Data types, message types, mapping interface & interface mapping in IR or should I directly do the designing in the ID.

waiting for your reply.

Warm regards,

N.Jain

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<i>My question is, should I have to do the creation of Data types, message types, mapping interface & interface mapping in IR or should I directly do the designing in the ID.</i>

>>>

1. import the IDoc into your SWCV

2. This Idoc will act as your MT and MI so need to create any DT, MT or MI for the Idoc part.

3. create the DT, MT, MI (i/b) for the File

4. Mapping & Interface mapping

and then move into the ID part.

Ref:

/people/prateek.shah/blog/2005/06/08/introduction-to-idoc-xi-file-scenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starters

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member187437
Contributor
0 Kudos

Since you want to have the same message struture for file too, you need not create separate data type and message type. But create a inbound message interface and assign the idoc as the message type.

Then create a message mapping, where the source and target structures are your imported IDoc.

Then in the interface mapping, source interface is again your idoc and target interface is the inbound file interface.

hope this would work.

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai jain,

--> Import the IDoc into your Imported Object (here you will get list of IDOC)

-->Then no need to create DT, MT and MI at sender side as the Idoc will act as your MT and MI.

--> But you have to create DT, MT, MI for the receiver

--> Under Message Mapping select the Source from the Imported Objects & Target as the MT which you created

and the rest is normal in Interation Design

under configuration

no need for sender communication channel and sender agreement.

as the IDoc adapter lies in IS

thanks and regards

harsha

*Reward points if found useful*

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi harsha,

thanks for ur reply.

but i want same structute and data into flat file which is there in the idoc ie. both the idoc and the flat file should have same structure and flat file should have same data as in idoc, then also should i need to create the DT,MI etc for the receiver side.

Warm Regards,

n.jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nishu Jain,

If I got your requirement, it is you want the IDOC in a flat file(not XML) with the same structure as the IDOC.

If so, you need to create data type , Msg type and Msg interface for the receiver. Reason is you can not convert the IDOC XML directly to flat file using FCC(since it is too hierarchical).

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i have used ABAP Mapping class in the Interface mapping. I have read in one of the earlier posted blog tht this will convert the Idoc into Flat file, if so thn what is the need to create DT, MT, MI etc???/

Warm Regards,

N.Jain

former_member208856
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

DT, MT, MI : you will create these things for receiver flat file only.

First create

In Integration Repository :

1. Import structure of IDOC in your scenario, In imported objects &#61664; IDOCs

a. In Interface Objects

1. Create Data type for your flat file

2. Create Message Type

3. Create Message Interface (inbound Asy.)

b. In Mapping Objects

1. Message Mapping : IDOC to Message Type of Flat File.

2. Create Interface Mapping : IDOC to Flat file by using Message Mapping which you have created.

Make activate all these things.

In Integration Directory :

1. Create Communication channel for File Receiver.

2. Sender Communication channel is not required.

3. Create Receiver Agreement.

4. Sender Agreement is not required.

5. Interface Determination

6. Receiver Determination

At sender side you will take your IDoc and at receiver side you will take your flat file.

It can help you,

Regards,

Sandeep Kaushik

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<i>so thn what is the need to create DT, MT, MI etc???</i>

>>

as i mentioned in my earlier post you dnt have to create any DT/MT/MI for the Idoc.

The imported IDoc will act as the same. Just ref. the imported IDoc in the place of the MI in your Interface mapping.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nishu,

you need to create DT, MT and MI for target msg.........see your ABAP mapping will create the output msg but you need to specify in which target msg struc should that output mapping data be put so you create DT for target msg....moreover mapping is always specified between source interface struc and target interface struc..........source interface you will get from IDOC but you will have to create target msg interface for target flat-file.

Thanks,

Rajeev Gupta

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

In IR create message interface (inbound) of type IDOC

and go directly to ID

Regards,

michal

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You would need to use the IR to create the inbound message interface, dt and mt for the File and then use the content conversion of the File adapter to convert the File XML to the Flat File.

Regards

Bhavesh