Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Our requirement is to have where they want

to create sales orders with reference to quotation from different sales

areas.

Standard SAPdoesn't allow this feature with copying

multiple Sales Areas.

Need your suggestion from you on before making such critical changes -what is the

impact or Risk involved .Our process also included Variant configuration

Need your immediate attention as this needs to take decided immdiately

to our customer.

Regards

Sai

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

Were you able to implement Creating the sales Order with ref to Quotation from Different Sales areas in your organization. I also have a similar requirement in my organization. Can you please give me some document related to it(shaikh.sam@gmail.com) or understanding of how have you achieved this?

Thanks in advance,

Sameer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the multiple sales areas involve multiple sales organizations across countries. Pricing defers substantially in terms of tax, freight,export variables, even across regions. Also partner functions vary such as sold-to ship-to. Business is not likely to work that way. Other sales areas may copy conditions you specified for this global account. Hope to know more about your case.

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

This process is not advisable.

If this is done, then extracting sales reports based on distribution channel or division will not make any sense.

Instead you can enable the creation of sales orders for multiple quotation belonging to the same sales area.

Pls dont even think of enabling this functionality.

If at all you want to do this, make all divisions as 00(cross division) and maintain only one distribution channel. Otherwise, this will lead to reporting problems later and SAP also may not support such a solution in future.

Reward points if it helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi iimnava ,

We have only one distribution channel for all Sales Areas.

Instead you can enable the creation of sales orders for multiple quotations belonging to the same sales area-- Now we are creating Sales orders with reference to one quote.Assume that customer have one Global quote,need to create with ref. to this many sales areas.

I agree with Standard SAP won’t support to this functionality.

Any other complication &how we can proceed further, if possible provide solution description.

Regards

Saidev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is any one reply to my requirements

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

In such scenario, always create quotation and sales order for cross division, so that if the division is 00 at header level, then the items can belong to multiple divisions.

In your case, you told you have only one D.C. Hence enabling cross division is absolutely the right option. That means

Enable quotation creation and order creation for cross division sales area.

You can still have separate divisions for materials in material master data.

Now when you are doing transactions, always do it for cross division at header level. This will enable you to do transactions with various materials belonging to multiple divisions.

Reward if this solution is helpful to you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

I would advice to copy the Global Quote in all Sales areas.By doing so the quotation is available in all the sales areas and you can create sales order with ref to that Quote.

Probably you might need to have a custom transaction to do this copying part and give a quote number to the end user which they can use for copying.

Please reward if this solution helps.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yathish,

we are going to have one global quote i.e for ex-100/01/01 sales area.Using this quote we may have to create Sales Orders in all sales areas(approximately we have 40 sales areas).How we can achieve this doing to have a custom transaction.

Can you explain me with details.

Thanks

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As soon as you have created the global quote in a sales area.You could use a custom transaction in which you can use standard function module/BAPI(similar to or even it might be possible to use BAPI_SALESORDER_CREATE_FROMDAT2) to copy quote into all the sales areas.

Function module/BAPI will take care about the pricing to be based on condition records in each sales area.

Finally the transaction needs to generate a report that would give the quote number and the sales area which the quote belongs to.

Reward if helpful.

Thanks,