cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poll Interval (sec) JDBC Sender Adapter - Help Please ?

former_member189387
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Friends ,

I haev configurd tthe JDBC Sender Adapter using poll Intervals setting as follows .

<b> Poll Intervals (Sec) 3600

Pol Interval ( msec )

Retry Intervals (Sec)

Query SQL Statement select * from TABLE

</b>

As per the above settings ,<b> assume database connection available for whole day</b> , The JDBC Sender has to run<b> once in hour right ?</b>

But it is behaviour is not like what i defined . It is running nicely for 6 hours [ Once in hour] after that it stops and after 10 hours it starting . Like in evening time it stops ?

In advaned mode i have setted the Transaction level as Repeatable-read .

Do i need to use the option

<b> Disconnect from the database After processing each message ?</b>

<b> Please i want to get the result as

If i set poll ionmtervals as 3600 . the moment i have activated that adapter , It has to run once in hour .</b>

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Do i need to use the option

>

> <b> Disconnect from the database

> After processing each message ?</b>

Using this option will help as this option will ensure that if the DB goes down or pulls of the connection, the JDBc adapter will try a automatic reconnect to the database.

regards

Bhavesh

former_member189387
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi bhavesh ,

Thanks for ur reply .

<b> Disconnect from the database After processing each message ?</b>

Using this option will help as this option will ensure that if the DB goes down or pulls of the connection, the JDBc adapter will try a automatic reconnect to the database.

As per your above reply . I want to get clarify the following .

1. After processing each message means whole select query result set right ?

2. If we are not using this option if db connection failure , then it won't try to reconnect to db right ? the our poll intervals fail right ?

Regards .,

V.Rangarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

>>the our poll intervals fail right ?

No,it will disconnect after it is done sending the file and will again reconnect once the pooling time has arrived,in between that,there will be no connection

Thanx

Ahmad

Message was edited by:

Ahmad

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> 1. After processing each message means whole

> select query result set right ?

Yes. Entire Query Resultset.

> 2. If we are not using this option if db

> connection failure , then it won't try to reconnect

> to db right ? the our poll intervals fail right ?

There will be a error in the JDBC adapter and the adapter would need to be manually reactivated.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>. After processing each message means whole select query result set right ?

Correct.

>>If we are not using this option if db connection failure , then it won't try to reconnect to db right ? the our poll intervals fail right ?

Correct again. You will get an error database connectivity failed or ssome thing of this sort during each polling and retry interval.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

Did you face this problem?

> 2. If we are not using this option if db

> connection failure , then it won't try to reconnect

> to db right ? the our poll intervals fail right ?

There will be a error in the JDBC adapter and the adapter would need to be manually reactivated.

I think ideally it should try to connect again. Though i have never tried the same myself. Please confirm once..

Regards,

Sumit

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The JDBC adapter will go into error state and you would need to manually restart the adapter if the option Disconnect from DB is not selected.

I can confirm that for sure

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

Thanks for updating .

Rajan Did you manage to find the reason ?

Regards,

Sumit

former_member189387
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi sumit and Bhavesh ,

Even if i haev selected the option

<b> Disconnect from database after each ....</b>

If connection failure .The poll interval stops .

It is not doing process in next poll interval time Even if if connection exists .

<b> If need to go mannually start the JDBC Adapter then what is use ?

Please help me to solve this .</b>

Even If in one poll interval ( eg 1 HOUR ) time connection lost , the next poll interval time the connection has to make automatically .

<b>What i have to do for this ?. I don't want to go and refresh(or) restart the JDBC Adapter manually .</b>

I have tested with my local SQL Server .Always connection existes so , no probs it is working fine .

But when i connect to remote server Untill connection exists itr works fine .But the the moment connection lost .<b>Every thing gone!!!</b>

The process stops

Plese give me the solution

Regards.,

V.Rangarajan

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ranga,

As far as I know, Disconnect From DB shoudl do this trick,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/7e/5df96381ec72468a00815dd80f8b63/content.htm

<i>Disconnect from Database After Processing Each Message

Set this indicator if the database connection is to be released and reestablished before every poll interval.</i>

Did you try to manually reactivate the JDBC adapter and check if the error goes off? I have a feeling here that the error has nothing to do with the Connection but is something compltely different altogether.

Regards

Bhavesh

former_member189387
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh ,

Thanks for ur reply .

<i> Did you try to manually reactivate the JDBC adapter and check if the error goes off? I have a feeling here that the error has nothing to do with the Connection but is something compltely different altogether.</i> ?

Yes , If i go an manullay reset then i came aging to ID and i just cahnge the passsword and bring back to same position and activate again.Then working .

How to solve this ?

Regards .,

V.Rangarajan

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do not change the password etc.

Just make some other change , maybe the Description and give it a shot.

Regards

Bhavesh

former_member189387
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

I have not changed any password just from eg . sa to again sa and then saved and activated.That's it.

Is there anyway f if connection failure in one poll interval then in next poll intervals automatic restart of jdbc adapter .I have done all the steps what u have told . But still .....

Regards .,

V.Rangarajan

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The option diescribed above normally does the trick.

Am not sure why this is not working in your case.

Regards

Bhavesh

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The JDBC adapter FAQ : 831162 also describes the same to resolve this issue.

Either, you have missed something in the configuration or there is a bug for which you can raise an OSS with SAP.

Regards

Bhavesh

former_member189387
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi bhavesh ,

I am Very very thankful for your eply . I have one doubt !

My scenario is JDBC< --> RFC Synchronous .

I am mistakenly used the Qualityof service as ExactlyOnce instead of BestEffort .

Will it relate to any previous probelm?

Regards.,

V.Rangarajan

former_member189387
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh and all ,

I Thank all of you for your excellent answers . Now my scenario is working Fine .

I missed to choose the Disconnect from database after each processing of message in JDBC Receiver adapter while sync response has come . Now i have changed that .

Thanks for all !

Regards .,

V.Rangarajan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajan,

that it stops and after 10 hours it starting . Like in evening time it stops ?

In Communication Channel select the JDBC Adapter and check if availability times have been defined. Could be possible that someone has defined a rule that the adapter will be stopped and started again.

<i>If i set poll ionmtervals as 3600 . the moment i have activated that adapter , It has to run once in hour .</i>

<b>Yes it will run once in an hour . YOu dont need to do anything else. Whatever you have done seems perfectly okay.</b>

Regards,

Sumit

Message was edited by:

Sumit Khetawat

former_member189387
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi sumit ,

Thanks for your .As per your reply

<b> In Communication Channel select the JDBC Adapter and check if availability times have been defined. Could be possible that someone has defined a rule that the adapter will be stopped and started again.</b>

Is this rule set basis guys or in JDBC Sender Adpater configuration ? If so , in adapter caonfiguration where it is availabe ?

<b> It is running nearly 11 Hours a daya not 24 Hours</b>

Best Reagards.,

V.Rangarajan

Be

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rajan,

As for my knowledge there is no rules or anything will be defined to deactivate the comm.channel.

One way is there ,in the comm.channel monitoring there is option of making the comm.channel inactive instead of making it in Directory.

Best regards,

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajan,

The rule could be set by anyone who has the required authorization . I think availability times can be defined starting from PI 7.0 SP 9 or SP 10 and above. Not sure which one ...

If your JDBC sender adapter is running exactly 11 hours everyday ..then try what Bhavesh suggested. Or better talk with your DB team and see if they can help u..

Regards,

Sumit