cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Request Management for R/3 4.6c

Former Member
0 Kudos

SolMan Change Request Management for R/3 4.6c

I am trying to set up CHARM for our R/3 4.6c landscape and have run into the pre-requisite that the domain controller must be on a 6.10 or higher WAS. Therefore I’m trying to use the SolMan as the domain controller for the R/3 landscape. I can’t figure out how to add the 4.6c system into a domain on the SolMan system and then configure the transport route.

Here are my systems:

R/3 4.6c: DEV, QAS, PRD

SolMan: SMD, SMP

I can add DEV, QAS & PRD to the DOMAIN_SMD, however when I create a route for DEV >> QAS >> PRD it wipes out the route for SMD >> SMQ.

This is not really only a SolMan Change Request Management thing. I had always thought this is possible though I have never done it. The SAP-Press Change and Transport Management book clearly shows two separate transport landscapes controlled by the same domain controller (pg. 208). It says “you can have several system landscapes in one transport domain – centrally administered using the TMS.” It then goes on “Figure 8.1 presents the transport domain of two separate three-system landscapes, one for Asia and one for Europe. Both are administered centrally by system PR1.”

So it appears to me that it can be done, they just don’t say how to accomplish it.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you,

David

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello David,

This is very much possible.

Here is how to do it :

1. Create all the Systems in Solution Manager TMS.

2. Then define the routes for SMD --> SMP.

3. Then add the systems DEV, QA and PRD and define routes for

DEV>QA>PRD

So your Graphic looks as follows :

SMD --> SMP

DEV>QA>PRD

Distribute the Settings to all systems and you are done.

It is often an misconception that the Domain controller has to be added to the Transport routes for systems. This is not true.

Hope that the above reply helps.

Regards

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit, thanks for the response.

I don’t quite understand what I did different from what you are saying though. This is what I did:

1. Create all the Systems in Solution Manager TMS.

I have added all the 4.6c systems to the Solution Manager Domain named DOMAIN_SMD. Via STMS on DEV, QAS & PRD I asked to be allowed in the non-standard domain (i.e. DOMAIN_SMD instead of the default DOMAIN_DEV) by choosing the “Other configuration” button and pointing at SMD host and instance; then allowed them via STMS on SMD, correct?

Now there are five systems in DOMAIN_SMD on SMD are DEV, QAS, PRD, SMD & SMP.

2. Then define the routes for SMD --> SMP.

No problem, the route is already defined.

3. Then add the systems DEV, QA and PRD and define routes for DEV>QA>PRD

The systems were added as described in step one. The problem comes when I create a standard route for DEV>QAS>PRD it wipes out the route for SMD --> SMP. I can’t get two routes on the same graphic.

Please advise on where I am going wrong. Thanks again,

David

raquel_pereiradacunha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Have you solved this issue?

Thank you,

Raquel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raquel,

No I have not been able to solve this. I had to move on to other projects so gave up on CHARM.

David

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear David,

It should work 100 % . I am not sure whether why this is happening on your system. I tried it on my system and it works 100 %.

Can you send me via email or upload somewhere the snapshots of the configurations that you have done ?

My email id is amit.devale@sap.com

Regards

Amit