cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Action for ChaRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I want to create an action that can send an email to the Change Manager when the Change Request is created. I'm starting off just trying to get it to work from the toolbox drop down.

I'm using the Service Desk email action as an example, but it isn't working.

Here are the setting for the action:

Processing when saving

No restriction

Display in Toolbox

Check Partner-Dependent

Select Partner Function for Change Manager

Determination Using Conditions that Can be Transported.

Processing Types for SmartForm Mail: (using the default SLFN ones)

form name: CRM_SLFN_ORDER_SERVICE_01

class: CL_DOC_PROCESSING_CRM_ORDER

method: CRM_SRVORDER_EXEC_SMART_FORM

I feel the issue is the Processing Types.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

regards,

Jason

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

luigi_co
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

I am experiencing the same issue wherein whenever I set a person to 2 positions, and have an email action for both, one disappears. Do you know how to fix this? Or is this really a SAP issue?

Thanks!

Luigi

Former Member
0 Kudos

bump, still looking for any information that can help me

DoloresCorrea
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Jason,

I hope some of the examples I sent you is usefull for your scenario.

Best regards,

Dolores

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Dolores,

I checked my profile email and a public one I post in here but neither had an email from you. Could you please resend it to sdn.jason.h@sevenfoot.com

regards,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dolores,

that document was helpful, thank you.

My issue wound up being that I had assigned myself as the requester and change manager. When you assign one business partner to many of the positions some email actions disappear. I guess SAP assumes you can use Email Requester to contact the person and Email Change Manager is redundant. As soon as I assigned someone else as the Change Manager both actions were available in the Action Toolbox Dropdown.

Also, the Processing Type forms used for the Service Desk (CRM_SLFN_ORDER_SERVICE_01, 02, or 03) worked fine. My issue was entirely with 1 person being assigned as the Requester and Change Manager. This same issue occurs with the various positions in Normal Correction and Urgent Correction. If you have an email action for every position and assign 1 person to 2 of positions, 1 email action will disappear from the action toolbox drop down.

thanks.

regards,

Jason