cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI 3.0: Using global variables in mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody

Since it seems that during mapping you have only access to messages fields, does anybody has got idea or a workaround to use global/external variables or constants during mapping??

Example: i would like to store the mail address where i send my error mails outside each mapping program (something like using a properties file or something like that).

Any idea???

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys thanks for the info, but if i understand the usage of the Container/Globalcontainer objects, these have a scope limited to the mapping program (that is, they are instantiated for each mapping execution) and cannot be used to exchange data between different mapping programs or different executions of the same mapping program.

Correct or i'm missing something?

Thanks

Alessandro

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alessandro,

>>>>Container/Globalcontainer objects, these have a scope limited to the mapping program

you're correct

I guess you'd have to write some sort of access code (in java mapping for instance) to the file system where you'd keep your properties file... I don't think this can be easily done with a graphical mapping program

Regards,

michal

Message was edited by: Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We face this issue in everyday life. We use a db for this. A file may be a better for performance, however we decided to go with db because of other project/client specific reasons.

As Michal said, you need some sort of persistance to do this,

cheers

danus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

U can refer to the following links in help.sap.com

GlobalContainer Object

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/75/8e0f8f3b0c2e4ea5f8d8f9faa9461a/content.htm

Container Object

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/78/b4ea10263c404599ec6edabf59aa6c/content.htm

Also some of the RUN TIME CONSTANTS are available in your BPM. So if you are trying to retrieve those variables in your Mapping(that is used in BPM), also read the following thread.

Cheers,

Siva Maranani.

former_member185751
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer to Michal's weblog:

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/04/globalcontainer--in-graphical-mapping-xi

Also this thread and see if it helps:

Regards,

Sridhar