Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy an ESS DC

mmmonteverde
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I want to make a copy of an standard ESS DC in order to add functionality. I've imported it from my NWDI and I've created a new DC in order to copy this functionality; I've made it through the Navigator of the NWDS, but the copy doesn't work. Sometimes it builds correctly but then the Deploy fails or sometimes the Build fails. This is happening with only the copy of the DC, we've not added anything to the DC.

How can we copy this DC in a better way, exists any other way we can accomplish this? How can we copy a DC into another?

Regards and thanks a lot!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Maria,

I don't understand, if you want to add functionality to an existing DC why do you want to make a copy of it?

Raj G

mmmonteverde
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

We need two services at the ESS, one with the standard functionality and another with more functions that the another one, one will be used for some users and the other for another group. Also we don't want to modify the standard one because of SAP Support.

Txs and regards,

María Margarita Monteverde

former_member186016
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Maria,

For copying the dc you should:

1) Create new dc.

2) Open the navigator view and copy the src folders from old dc to this new dc.

3) Create the public parts and dependecy manually as was in your old dc.

4) Build the dc now locally first.

Regards,

Ashwani Kr Sharma

0 Kudos

Are the steps described below sufficient for copying a DC to a new one? Because the topic still marked as "unanswered", so I've some doubts...

Cheers,

Dima

mmmonteverde
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Dima,

I haven't closed the question because I was expecting someone else to answer something more.

Basicaly we've made all of the above, but also we have to rename all the components at the DC because we will continue using the standard one and also the copy that will have an enhanced functionality.

Can you tell me your questions in order to review and answer them?

Regards,

María Margarita Monteverde

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no direct method to copy. Only hectic manual copy. Need to do following steps.

1. Create a new DC

2. Copy and paste all Cc, Fc, Vc's one after another into webdynpro section of new DC with new package name of your choice.

3. Goto Navigator view, open gen_wdp ->packages->drill down to WDP directories. Inside this dir. check for no of files with that of old component at the same place. Otherwise copy and paste the missed files from old to new and change package names to new name inside of each file manually.

4. In webdynpro view, do one to one comparision for any missing models, context mappings, used components, used DC's etc.

5. Build and deploy.

All the Best,

Suresh.