cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logon Group Assigned Based On User ID?

0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm not sure this is possible and I've been combing through help.sap.com but I'm not sure I'm searching for the proper thing.

Let's say we have an R/3 system called RC1 which has 4 app servers. As part of this setup we have two logon groups defined, Group1 & Group2. Group1 consists of app servers 1 & 2 and Group2 consists of app server 3 & 4.

Currently, we distribute several different SAPLOGON.INI files around the organization. Based on who you are and where you work in the company, you might get INI file 1 which directs you Group1 when you try to logon or you might get INI file 2 which directs you to Group2 when you try to logon.

What I'd rather do, is distribute one common INI file to everyone. Then when you initiate a logon to RC1, it will automatically assign you to Group1 or Group2 based on your RC1 user ID and not on the logon group defined in the INI file.

Is this possible? If so, could someone kindly point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Tom

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm afraid it's not possible. System "knows" logged username <b>after</b> user has logged to the system (using one of application servers) and dynamic switching between application servers is not possible (that's why load ballancing works only during logon).

Instead of several saplogon.ini files you may consider asigning each (os) user specific desktop shortcut.

Regs,

FS

http://www.icg.pl/sap