cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data in Infocube

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we are implementing SCM 5.0 APO to UKI client.

For demand planning, we uploaded the Excel sheet through Data warehousing workbench, but when i try to see the data in infocube, it does not appear there, and system shows the message called 'No Errors', with message no;BL191.

if anybody can suggest on this point.so that i can release it to demand planning book.

Thanks,

Regards,

Jignesh.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jignesh -

Are you able to <b>preview</b> the data when you are scheduling it in the Infopackage.

<b>Steps to create infopackage.</b>

1.Open the file and enter all the relevant historical data.

2.Choose Save and close the file.

3.Access the Data Warehousing Workbench in SAP SCM by using RSA1

4.In the left part of the Data Warehousing Workbench, in the Modeling section, choose InfoSources.

5.Look for the relevant InfoSource, for example, Demand Planning InfoSource.

6.Expand the InfoSource DP_IS and double-click the InfoPackage.

7.Choose the External Data tab page. In the File name field, enter the path to the Excel file which contains the data to be uploaded.

8.On the Schedule tab page, specify when the data is to be uploaded (either immediately, or as a batch job).

9.Choose Start to execute the upload schedule.

10.Confirm all messages that are displayed.

11.If the Delete Entire Contents of Infocube dialog box is displayed, choose Fact tble and dims.

If the Delete InfoCube/ODS content dialog box is displayed, choose Delete entries.

<b>

Displaying the uploaded data:</b>

1.After the data upload, go back to the Data Warehousing Workbench: Modelling screen.

2.Choose InfoProvider in the left screen area.

3.Expand the node of your InfoArea, for example, Demand Planning InfoArea.

4.Right-click your InfoCube (for example, DP_IC) and choose Manage.

5.In the Manage Data Targets screen, select the line with the name and the technical name of your InfoCube and choose Contents.

6.Choose Field selection for output to define which data is to be displayed.

7.Choose Select all and choose Execute twice.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Suresh Garg

Former Member
0 Kudos

I followed all these step.

I followed the complete DP configuration best practice to create all the info.. etc things and hten went on to planning obj stru, pla area and planning book, views etc.

Once I got the data in the infocube. Then I can't activate the planning area. I tried giving time series objs. It still didn't work. Everytime i tried this, it keep asking me for the time buckets to fill. But it keep complaining that the obj is not initialized.

then I tried to loading the infocube several times. I just can't load. What is gong wrong. How Can I be sure that i can do it for the first attempt?

i can see the data as described by Suresh.

I am desparately in need of help. Please give a quick good detailed response.

Thanks

Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Furthre to my earlier question...

I saw a message saying that info area is not activating because I don't have time buckets. It is no taking time buckets because of it doesn't have cvcs generatead. It doesn't a have cvcs generated .. ICube doesn't have the required structure.

I don't understand what this means.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

You are not getting the DP concept right. Please go through the design methodology and most of your questions would be solved. Sorry but you are actually asking the whole DP configuration here. I would also suggest you to post a separate post as it would get much more attention than here.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve

To initialize a planning area you need to have an active planning object structure. For that you need to explicitly activate it in /sapapo/msdp_admin after creating it, and then create charecteristics combinations via maintain charecteristics combinations. Then proceed to create your planning area by assigning the activated planning object structure, selecting appropriate storage bucket profile, key figures, etc(if you are not using a standard one, create your own under "creare storage buckets profile"). Then create time series objects for your planning area. Now you can initialize your planning area in /sapapo/msdp_admin( after successful initializing the planning area status shows green).

Now proceed to create a planning book and data view where in you give appropriate time buckets profile ID in data view tab. If you are not using standard time bucket profile id, create your own under "define planning buckets profile".( spro->apo->supply chain planning->DP/SNP->basic settings).

Hope this helps you.

eSkill
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Jignesh,

please have a look at the infoprovider administration (RSA1 - right click on infoprovider -manage) if the request has status 'green' and 'Request for Reporting available'. Perhaps there is another request with status 'red' which has to be deleted first.

Hope it helps

Carsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jignesh,

i had this same problem some years ago in COPA. When I was running a report, which otherwise seemed well designed, it gave an error saying "No errors", with code BL191.

There was a WBS Structure being called in the background and while the report was transported from the Dev server, the WBS itself was Master Data and hence was not transported.

Once that structure was created (even a basic skeleton would do), the report ran perfectly.

I would suggest you look for dependant data that is being called by the functionality you are using - mostly Master Data or so.

Hope this helps. Cheers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

actually i dont have any ide abt apo, i am in bw, i know bw, if u have any doubts regarding in bw u can aks me, what are the steps u didn for data load into cube, then i can give u some diea. what u need take ?

regards

suneel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suneel,

In data warehousing workbench, i defined the infosource,infocube,with specific characteristics and key figures, also i have defined the data package for that.

this is general process that we have to follow in order the upload the excel file exactly.

if you require more specific information,do tell me,

Thanks,

Regards,

Jignesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jignesh,

You said you are in SCM 5.0, which means that you have BI 7.0 in that. Did you just load using info package or you did you DTP also? The data loading concept in BI 7.0 is different from the previous versions.

If in Bi 7.0 (transaction RSA1)

You load using the infopack and this loads only to PSA

then you have to DTP to get the data to the cube

If in previous versions, loading infopack gets the data to cube direclty.

See if the data is still at the PSA.

Thanks.