cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping File to Multiple IDoc Scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know how to do this, but when I load the IDoc's XML structure back into the IR, the EDI_DC40 field doesn't have anything in it's structure. I need to configure the sender parameters in this structure for this IDoc, so any help would be appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The actual IDoc does work with the EDI_DC40 field, and it's in the metadata.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Paul,

If you do that also you should not have problem with this segment. Anyway check this weblog on how to change the occurrence for IDOC:

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/12/04/xi-idoc-bundling--the-trick-with-the-occurance-change

Please check once again. By mistake this segment would have deleted in the external definition.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx satish,i always thought 1:n message mapping for IDOC's can't be done without BPM:)

Regards

Ahmad

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just needed to reload it, thanks though.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm goign to retry the process again, maybe XI did something when I was working on my other project, because I don't remember having to deal with this before.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the file to multiple IDoc scenario, you have to export the Idoc out of the IR in it's XI XML structure, then change the max value of the Idocs to handle multiple IDocs, then import the new structure back into the IR, then it becomes an external definition that is used as an IDoc for all purposes.

The problem that I am having is that when you import it back in for some reason XI wont read the EDI_DC40 fields correctly, and I was wondering if anyone else has run into this problem and knew of an XML fix or other fix that would put these fields back into the structure somehow.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

>>In the file to multiple IDoc scenario, you have to export the Idoc out of the IR in it's XI XML structure, then change the max value of the Idocs to handle multiple IDocs, then import the new structure back into the IR, then it becomes an external definition that is used as an IDoc for all purposes.

Can you please explain this in detail,i nevr knew about this trick,i always thought that we have to use BPM(or modules for File to multiple IDOC).

sounds something interesting.

appreciate your help

regards

Ahmad

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ahmad,

Please see the below weblog for changing the occurrences.

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/12/04/xi-idoc-bundling--the-trick-with-the-occurance-change

Best regards,

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, what happens is that the elements don't appear in the structure at all, it's not that I can't fill them in, it's that they are not even there, there are no elements in the EDI_DC40 structure at all when I load the external definition into the message mapping.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Paul,

You said that you are importing the IDOC into IR. Also you are saying you are using an External Definition.

If you are using the external definition then you have to create those fields manually in your xsd or wsdl.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

can you please check the IDOC metadata in IDX2.

thanx

Ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Schroeder,

If I understand your question correctly after you import the IDOC into IR you want the EDI_DC40 segment filled automatically.

Either you have to fill manually or if you automatically to be filled up then check this weblog:

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/01/xi-idoc-adapter--edidc40--demystified

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/12/02/manipulating-idoc-control-records-from-payload

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any ideas? I'm pretty generous with points.