cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSS: customizing standard toolbar - repainting of screen - other issues

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

1) In the System and Menu drop down menus there is a Print button. Is there any way of moving that button so it appears on the tool bar by itself?

2)When you display an ALV report in the web browser it, the report expands only as big as the browser initially opens. Before we upgraded to integrated ITS7 the previous version had the standard sap gui with the green check mark and an input field beside where you could enter a transaction. Our users would simply expand the browser and hit the check mark which would refresh the screen and the ALV report would expand to the size of the browser. I read you can not go back to previous themes. Is there any other logical solution anyone can think of

3)MSS -> HR Reports

For some of the reports if there is nothing to display (say because the user did not pick a proper date range) a sap screen in the brower states "No entry found for your selection"(so there is a meaningful message) but for some reports it does not do anything. Is there a way to get at the code to change that? Also for some of the reports if no criteria is put in the Seleted Objects table it goes to the report criteria selection screen in sap as if you launched it throught a transaction. Is there any way of blocking that and displaying a message to the user?

I'm just having a real hard time figuring out where and how all this is put together and where the source code is.

Thanks

Preston Sampson

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help!

former_member228142
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Preston,

1.) it is unfortunately not possible to move the button from the menu to the top. What should be possible is to catch Ctrl-P in webgui as in SAP GUI if the print entry in the menu is available. We (ITS development team) will check this.

2.) With current SP from NW2004s webgui automatically sends a resize event to the backend. Therefore the ALV will use the full screen area after maximizing the browser window.

3.) if the report works this way there is no chance to change this on ITS/webgui level.

Best regards,

Klaus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Klaus. Thanks for your response.

In regards to question #2, the problem is that the ALV grid does not resize when we maximize the browser. Could this be an ITS property that is not set? If not where else could I make the change?

How can I get at the source code which renders the HR Reports screen in the portal and the code which renders the standard tool bar? It seems like this is the only option to make the changes I need to make.

Thanks

Preston

former_member228142
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Presten,

the javscript code of webgui just did not sent a resize event to the SAP system to get the page resize to the new size. This is not a property. If you want that webgui resizes on browser maximize/resize, you have to apply SP13. The related SAP note is 1033233.

Printing via Ctrl-P is planned with SAP note 1072941. The SP is not yet known.

Best regards,

Klaus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Klaus,

thanks for the tip on note 1033233. This will lead us in the right direction!

What about the source code for MSS->HR Reports ( the gui and the backend) and the standard toolbar?

... Do you know where to find it?

Thanks

Preston

former_member228142
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Preston,

the source for the service webgui can be accessed using SE80. Select "Internet service" from the dropdown listbox and enter webgui as the service name.

Best regards,

Klaus