cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dev to QA

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have an interface developed for File to R/3 Scenario.

Its been moved from the Dev to QA for Testing and the testing went fine at QA.

Now we are trying to move it to production, but in the mean time the DEV object got changed and we are not sure which piece(Data Type, Message type or message Mapping) has changed?

How to find out which component has changed?

How to Freeze the Objects in Dev Box, once its been moved to QA?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

>>but in the mean time the DEV object got changed

you need to manually look at what changes were made in DEV,secondly dont make the same changes in QA(even though u can do dis,but its not a good practice).

export the changed objects from Dev again in the form of .tpz,import them in QA,do the testing again and then be sure that the chages are consistent and up to date.

>>How to Freeze the Objects in Dev Box, once its been moved to QA?

why do you wanna disturb Dev box?let it stay as it is,simply make the sender communication channels inactive and no files will be polled into XI,if you have outbound proxies or IDOC's,then dont send anything from the application systems.

Thanx

Ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How to find out which component has changed?

-- by checking the History of the object (DT, MT etc)

How to Freeze the Objects in Dev Box, once its been moved to QA?

---This is ideally not what should be done. However, if you want to freeze it. then open the SWCV - > uncheck the Objects are modifiable. But in this case, you would not be able to modify any of the namespaces in the SWCV.

Regards,

Balaji.M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pete,

Check manually from QA with DEV. If you find that datatype has changed then I would suggest to get it from the History. So open history and get the corresponding version of it. You can get history from open Datatype--> Data type --> History.

Make sure you are getting the correct one or else you are going mess it up.

I would suggest once whenever you move your object to QA you should freeze your development. If you do have any bugs then change in DEV and do unit testing and then export it to QA once again.

Regards,

---Satish

former_member184619
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hay Pete,

when I need to compare I often export both interface to XML files and use XML tools to compare between the files.

usually DEV enviroment is never "frozen" as usually development need to continue, you could of course remove development authorizations from peopl and so effectivly "freeze" the DEV side.

hope ithelps,

Uri.