cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WorkBook class not found error

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using jexcel api to read an excel file and then we want to populate the table with the data in excel file.

We have extended the external jar file jexcel.api, but at runtime we are getting the error workbook class not found at run time, though we are getting it at the time of coding.

Please help me resolve this issue.

Thanks & Regards

Sandeep.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are using normal webdynpro project copy the jxl.jar in lib folder (navigator perspective). contextmenu of wdp project>addjars>select from lib folder-->deploy it

If you are using DCs follow the procedure explained in

/people/valery.silaev/blog/2005/09/14/a-bit-of-impractical-scripting-for-web-dynpro

Regards,

Naga

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using DC and I followed the link provided by you, now when I create the j2ee server DC and try to deploy the library. When I build thatt DC I get following warning.

Warning: Source folder does not exist, will be ignored: server

Warning: No runtime information available for development component type External Library (sap.com), cannot validate runtime dependency.

Warning: No runtime information available for development component type External Library (sap.com), cannot validate runtime dependency.

Can You please tell me why i am getting such thing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You cannot just add the jexcel jar in the build path and expect it to run For that you need to create an external library, embed the jar into this library and deploy the library on to the j2ee server. Then you have to add a "Library Reference" in the WD project to the newly created library. For more details, see <a href="/people/valery.silaev/blog/2005/09/14/a-bit-of-impractical-scripting-for-web-dynpro blog.

Regards,

Satyajit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

If the project is a normal web dynpro project

Copy the jxl.jar in ur project\src\mimes\Components\ package. Set the build path of the project to this jar file

If the project is dc project, u should deploy the jar file in J2ee engine first

Regards

Fahad Hamsa