cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Executing Chained eCATT scripts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have created a chain of scripts (F-47,F-48,FB60 & F-54). In Test Configuration I have added 4 different Test Data Containers, each containing data for each T-Code.In the Variants tab, I have added the Internal Variants using the 'Variant Maintenance Assistance'. So, now for one full run of the script I have four variant, one for each T-code.

The problem is, when I run the chained script, F-47,F-48 & F-54 is fetching data from the Test Data Containers but the FB60 variant is not fetching any data from the Test Data Container, but is using the default value only.

Please help.

Best Regards,

Debojit Dey

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Debojit,

the test configuration is the binding element between testdata and one testscript.

If you "chain" testscripts as you describe, I assume you are using REF command.

The testconfiguration can link only one script, let's call it master script, invoking transaction scripts (F-47,..) by using REF.

Building such chains makes sense in terms of testing business processes, where one trasaction is a successor to the next, consuming data created by the predecessor.

On the other hand executing multiple independend tests requires building of multiple test configurations and packaging of them in the SAP Test Workbench (Transaction STWB_1 STWB_2 STWB_WORK ) for collective execution.

Comming back to your sample and implied you are testing a business process, you can transfer testdata from one REF to the next by using eCATT parameters in your masterscript. Defining these eCATT parameters as import parameters of the master script, they will appear in you test configuration and can be liked to parameters from test data containers.

Best regards

Jens

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jens,

Thanks a lot to you, my Issue has been resolved. Now I can ececute the chained script without any flaw.

Now I have also started creating Test Catalog & Test Plans for the Test Workbench.

This would not have been possible without your help.

Thanks a lot again.

In anticipation of future help.

Regards,

Debojit Dey.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Debojit,

the test configuration is the binding element between testdata and one testscript.

If you "chain" testscripts as you describe, I assume you are using REF command.

The testconfiguration can link only one script, let's call it master script, invoking transaction scripts (F-47,..) by using REF.

Building such chains makes sense in terms of testing business processes, where one trasaction is a successor to the next, consuming data created by the predecessor.

On the other hand executing multiple independend tests requires building of multiple test configurations and packaging of them in the SAP Test Workbench (Transaction STWB_1 STWB_2 STWB_WORK ) for collective execution.

Comming back to your sample and implied you are testing a business process, you can transfer testdata from one REF to the next by using eCATT parameters in your masterscript. Defining these eCATT parameters as import parameters of the master script, they will appear in you test configuration and can be liked to parameters from test data containers.

Best regards

Jens