Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg Row Selection in a Table

jnmurthi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am facing a problem with row selection in a table. When I navigate from one screen to another in my application, the selected rows in the previous screen should be populated in the table in the next screen.

If I have to use checkboxes inside the table for multiple row selection, how could I populate the table in the next screen with all the selected rows of the table from the previous screen.

Also, is it possible to select multiple rows in a table without using checkboxes, and by selecting the "selection mode" of table as "multi", so that initially when the page is loaded no record (row) should be selected automatically.

Please help me regarding this.

Regards,

Murthy.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For Checkbox approach, first create one more node with same structure and map to second view. At the time of navigation to second page, put value to this node from first node as per the checkbox entry.

Eg:

for(i=0;i<firstNode.size();i++)

{

if(firstNodeElement.getCheckbox()==true)

{

firstEl=firstNode.getFirstElementAt(i);

secondNodeEl=secondNode.createElement();

secondNode.addElement(secondNodeEl)

secondEl.setVal1(firstEl.getVal1());

secondEl.setVal2(firstEl.getVal2());

}

}

Regards

Fahad Hamsa

jnmurthi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you.

Ur Post helped me a lot.

Regards,

Murthy.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As Armin suggested you can use the inbuilt multiselection property of the table.

For populating the selected values in a table in second view

First view Context structure

-EmpDetails (Table node) (cardinality 0..n,selection 0..n,intializeleadSelection - false)

---EmpID (table column)

---Name (table column)

Second View Context structure

-DispalySelected (Table node)-EmpDetails (Table node) (cardinality 0..n,intializeleadSelection - false)

--- ID(table column)

--- Name(table column)

create a navigation link form first view to second view

In the InBoundPlug of second view

wdContext.nodeDisplaySelected().invalidate();

for(int i=0;i<wdContext.nodeEmpDetails().size();i++)

{

if(wdContext.nodeEmpDetails().isMultiSelected(i))

{

IPrivateDisplayView.IDisplaySelectedElement ele = wdContext.nodeDisplaySelected().createDisplaySelectedElement();

wdContext.nodeDisplaySelected().addElement(ele);

ele.setID(wdContext.nodeEmpDetails().getEmpDetailsElementAt(i).getEmpID());

ele.setName(wdContext.nodeEmpDetails().getEmpDetailsElementAt(i).getName());

}

}

<b>For multiselecting you have to use Ctrl tab</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would suggest not using check boxes but the built-in multiselection capability of the table. Just set the selection cardinality of the data source node to 0:N instead of 0:1 and set the selection mode of the table to (default value) "auto".

To avoid having the first row selected initially, set the "initializeLeadSelection" property of the data source node to false.

To get the selected rows in the second table, implement a supply function for the second table's data source node that iterates over the (multi-)selected elements of the first node and adds them to the second node.

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murthy..

You can select multiple rows of the table...

This can be done by using the Button...

Urs GS