cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in calling RFC function module

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created one simple WebDynpro application in which i am calling a RFC function module. it was working fine then i had to make changes in interface of function module. After making changes i deleted and recreated the RFC model and readjusted all context mappings. But now when i try to run the application i gives an error

"Could not create JCO connection with logical system :default".

Can any one tell me what could be its reason.

Thanks,

Komal.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After deleting the model, please make sure that you have deleted the model packages before regenerating the model again. This has to be done manually. I have posted another topic "Web Dynpro Models" regarding this. I have been told that NetWeaver Developer Studio 2.0.4 has the model regeneration facility without loosing the context bindings.

Another solution to do a Model Transplanation(**) with out loosing the binding is as below.

1. Create a dummy project

2. Create a model with same "name" and "package name" as that of the model to be replaced.Save the meta data.

3. Go to the project workspace using windows explorer

4. Copy and paste the newly created model folder(package) over the same model package in the "To be replaced models" package

5.Use the Net Weaver developer studio and rebuild original application.

6.Make necessary binding for fields that is adjusted in the RFC

7. If needed, rename the model node/attribute in the context.

Thanks and Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

I tried it but my application is still not working. I tried to create a new project and call anohter RFC module, even it is not working. It is giving same error " Could not create JCo connection ".I am not able to uderstand reason of this problem. Can you tell me where a model stores login informations. Some of the applications in which i had used same login informations are working fine. but i am not able to run new application.

Thanks,

Komal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Komal,

Could you please let me know the version of Web Dynpro IDE and the J2EE server you use? Is it Sneak Preview II?Also, did you set up the System Landscape Directory? It sounds a little like this could cause the problem...

Thanks, Karin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karin,

I am using WAS 6.3 Sneak Preview. I have not set up system landscape directory. can you tell me how to do it.

Thanks,

Komal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Komal,

I would suggest to use the new Sneak Preview II version (which is based on 6.40), also available on SDN: Web Application Server, Downloads. The System Landscape Direktory is part of the installation. Documenation is available as well with the Sneak Preview, e.g. for configuring the SLD, making server settings, etc.

If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to come back again.

Best regards, Karin

Be

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karin,

Thanks for your help. I will try it and come back to you if i have any problem with that. Can we move our existing application which are on 6.3 to 6.4.

Thanks,

Komal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Komal,

Unfortunately there is no migration guide from Sneak I to Sneak II available. There is one migration guide for customers and partners on the service marketplace available, describing the migration from 6.30 (which is nearly Sneak I) to 6.40 (which is nearly Sneak II):

http://service.sap.com/webdynpro

-> Documentation & More -> Migration Guides

Hope that helps!

Karin