cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery and PGI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Can any one help me in this regard. what is Exactly difference between Delivery and PGI? As well as explain me in functional.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Dwaraka

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Delivery is a document for posting the goods issue.

As soon as the goods leave the company, the shipping business activity is finished. This is illustrated using goods issue for outbound deliveries.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Dwarak,

the creation of delivery means that you create the delivery document but there is no goods movement yet. After creation of delivery the requirements of the sales order will be removed from the sales order to the delivery, but the goods are still on your plant. The delivery has its own availability check (whoch works on other levels than in the order, for example you can do ATP-check on the batch level). oreover during delivery you can pack your material via Handling Units. There are also some other processes which are running during creation of the delivery.

The last process is the book of the goods issue. At this moment there is a real goods movement, requirements of delivery will be deleted and the goods leave the plant.

You have a possibilioty to finish a delivery process by a normal goods issue (with the goods movement), but you can do it also by another way (confirm service), of you deliver not the reals goods, but, for example, you deliver a service.

I hope, this explanation will help you a little bit further in understanding the delivery process.

Kind regards,

Akmal Vakhidov

Development Support SD, SAP, Walldorf/Germany

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akmal Vakhidov,

I have no doubt about it in SAP Delivery and PGI process with your answer. Still I have little confusion pls don't mind clarify me. But we think in dominie if the material delvered to the customer. At the time we say that delivery has been completed, that means says that everything has been completed (picking, packing and PGI). Pls try to understand my doubt and explain me with comparison of SAP process and Functional process.

Thanks and Regards

Dwaraka

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

deliveries are meant for picking the goods from warehouse through vl01n

where the ordered quantity will be picked.

after picking u have "post goods issue " this can be done from picking using t-code LT03 and put value 2 in adopt pick quantity field pgi will be done.

the effects of pgi

inventory management a'c will be updated

quantity will be reduced from ware house

Former Member
0 Kudos

Delivery in SAP is creation of the delivery documents, where as PGI is the actual movement of goods from Business to customer. The ownership of the goods is transffered to the customer after PGI.

regards

AK