cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Catalog 'Poll': Which experience do you have with different OCI catalogs?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Catalog Gurus,

I know that my question is not really a technical challenge for you. Nevertheless, I hope you can help me out again.

We want to implement SRM with an internal catalog in our rather big medium-sized (and my new) company. The two options of SAP are SAP CCM and SAP SRMMDM catalog. There are also a lot of Non-SAP OCI catalogs like Requisite, Heiler, jcatalog etc in the market. Although the SAP catalogs are included within the SRM licence we want to consider the other catalogs as well.

The basis for this should be a comparison between all catalogs, the strengths, the downsides, SAP integration, support and as well as the implementation costs finally. Our expectation is actually that the implementation costs of SAP CCM or SRM-MDM are significantly higher than the other catalogs.

It would be great if you could share your experience with the different catalogs. Are there any other catalogs of interest?

Does someone know, if there's a tendency towards or away from the SAP catalogs?

Are there any things we have to consider in our catalog selection process?

Many thanks for your comments and recommendations already in advance.

Kind regards,

Heike

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Heike,

It depends on your requirements.

1. Where do you get catalog contents ?

SRM-MDM Catalog has interface receiving Product Master from SRM.

2. Do you use contract ?

SRM-MDM Catalog has interface receiving Contract from SRM.

3. Haw many items ? Performance?

4. Who maintains the contract ?

Some of 3rd party vendors offers contents management outsourcing.

5. Service Catalog ?

Catalog contents keep changes, so you should consider long time life cycle cost and support not only initial cost.

I have implemented POET, Requisite, SAP CCM and SRM-MDM Catalog. I like SRM-MDM Catalog.

Regards,

Masa