cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help with java mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

My task is to convert a input flat file into xml format which is to be posted to an IDOC.Can anyone give me a detailed explain of the various steps involved.As im a fresher to this.Please give the steps in detail.

Thanks in advance,

Srinadh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

santhosh_kumarv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhargav

to convert flat file to XML u should perform content conversion in the sender file adaptor .For content conversion go thru the blog

"Content Conversion in Input File" by Shabarish

/people/anish.abraham2/blog/2005/06/08/content-conversion-patternrandom-content-in-input-file

Have a look at this document.

It speaks in detail about Java Mapping,XSLT and ABAP mappings.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/9202d890-0201-0010-1588-adb....

Regards

Santhosh

*If found useful reward points*

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member192892
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi bhargav...

When you use file content conversion at the sender side, your flat file will get converted to an xml file when it reaches XI. At XI level, you need to create a data type, message type of the desired xml file structure you are expecting to achieve after you convert your flat file to xml.

Now here on you can use graphical mapping to map the input fields to the idoc nodes...

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi;

Check this out

Any flat file to any IDoc

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/06/24/convert-any-flat-file-to-any-idoc-java-mapping

Mudit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mehra,

As iam totally new to java mapping need a few clarifications on the following steps.

1.First i need to create a scenario where the using file content convesion i need to transfrom the input flat file to Xml without using any java mapping.

2.Secondly, i need to used this XML generated from the previous scenario and use it as input to the second scenario where the output is IDOC and the conversion is done using java mapping.

Please correct me if m wrong

Thanks and Regards,

Bhargav Srinadh.G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi;

This seems to be a file to IDoc scenario.

Yes first you will use file content conversion to convert your flat file to XML (This is feature of file adapter)

Next you will map this xml structure to your IDoc structure.

This can be done using graphical mapping as well.

If you want to use java mapping for that create a mapping programme and import it to your namespace.

Mudit

Award points if it helps