cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number range

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guru's

My client wants that by seeing the document number he should know from which plant sales happend. is it posible if yes how please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Mastan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

For that you can create ztable with fields billing document type,plant,number range

Maintain the values in the se16

By using program RV65AFZZ write please pick the billing document number from Z table insted or standard billing document type .

Based on the invoice number plant sales well be knowing

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can start the numberrange with an alphabet which can represent a plant.

Else you can also make use of user exit to add plant code to the number range.

You can use the user exit USEREXIT_NUMBER_RANGE for making custom changes.

The user exit is called up in the FORM routine BELEG_SICHERN.

Rwd if it helps.

Message was edited by:

iimnava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi iimnava,

Thanks for reply

Yes that can be done. for this you need to have diff doc types ok

For eg say you have 2 plants abc & xyz, you created 2 diff doc types zzz1 for plant abc & zzz2 for plant xyz with diff no range but user can create order using zzz1 doc type from plant xyz which should not happen. how will you restrict this.

Thanks in advance

mastan

Message was edited by:

mastan rao

Message was edited by:

mastan rao

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As i understood,

That you want to maintain different doc type for different plants.nothing but a plant specific doc's you want to maintain.

There wont be the direct link to configure this.

I suppose,

will maintain the shipping conditions in doc types and do the shipping point determination accordng to the

shipping condition( from sales doc type)+ loading group+ Plant( which ever you want) = shipping point.

I hope this way we can differentiate the doc's plant wise.

Correct me If am wrong

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Document types need not be different for different plants.

What you have is only one document type. and users fromd ifferent sales orgs/plant will use this doc type.

But when they enter the materials, which are extended to only one plant (if extended to both plants, plant is determined by the Customer material info record, CMR, etc) and the plant will be populated in the document. Now when you are saving the document, the code in the user exit should find the plant in the sales document at the header level and include that in the numbering logic.

But this needs some discipline from the user.

1. The plant for different items in an order shoudl be only one at each item level. At times it can so happen that the plant of item1 is A adn item2 is B. This happens very rarely if two plants are assigned to same sales org/D.Channel.

If this user related problem is taken care of, your reqmt can be enabled through that user exit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everybody for replying my query

i will check with your suggestions and i will comeback to if required.

Regards

Mastan