cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make a Dinamic Filter ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hye,

I have a BAPI which has an input date. I want to list rows for a month choose by the user but the BAPI is sorting from the date. So I have to many rows in my table view and I wanted to put a filter.

My problem is that I can't enter a '"formula" in the filter, I only can enter a static date like 01.06.2007...

Any ideas ?

thx

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I suggest you to filter the data through the CONNECTOR that connects the IN port of the BAPI than FILTER component.

Select the connector and click configure, then you can even configure formula.

This will give you more control. Try , if you need more info reply back.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I didn't understand...

You suggest to filter the data before they arrive in the BAPI ?

My BAPI take a input date that the user set in a form. The problem is that if he choose 01.06.2007 the bapi give me all the data beginning on the 01.06.2007 (so its also listing july data for example) and I only want June month data.

That s why I can't filter before the BAPI I need to FILTER after and betweens to date but not static date... like 01.06.2007 and 30.06.07. I want Dinamic Date like Date(@Year, @Month, 1) and Date(@Year, @month, 30)

Is it possible ?

thx for answering

Message was edited by:

Guillaume Marchal

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can only filter according to what you have configured during design time.

As a work around try modify the BAPI to accept a range where the other one you can compute based on the user entered date.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Much better to make an extra field from the OUT port of the BAPI. That way you can do lots of things. Returning a true / false value from a date-interval etc. And using this as a filter.