cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDES installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

is IDES installation is differnet from normal installation, i need some help regarding IDES ECC 5.0 installtion where can i find it.help me out

thanx

shyja

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

it is in two points different to normal installation.

1. you have to install the export DVD´s, which enables you to have a customized system, with example data.

2. IDES systems can´t be migrate to higher systems, e.g IDES ECC5.0 to ECC6.0. It is not supportted by SAP.

Joachim

former_member181887
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

To follow up on Joachim's reply;

IDES has a different set of export CDs to the application on which it is built which includes the additional data, configuration, users, clients, etc

You can download IDES from the SAP Service Marketplace (if your SAP licence allows this) or order if from SAP (via a customer message or your SAP representative).

I hope this helps,

Mike.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michael,

We already have a baseline ERP (ECC6) and CRM 5.2 (2006s) system running from baseline installation. Is it possible to install IDES after already installing the application or do we have to re-install from scratch? I recall in the previous IDES systems you could do it via the database level (Oracle\MS SQL, etc.)

Regards,

James

former_member181887
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The difference between the IDES and the normal SAP application installation is simply the database content that is imported during installation. The DB Content is radically different from each other. You cannot use SAP tools to simply switch the DB content after an installation - you could try manual workarounds but they are not supported by SAP.

The "official SAP" answer here is to do a re-installation.

Please note that IDES should not be used for a base of your production landscape systems (Dev, QAS, Prod). IDES is for sandbox/learning only. IDES systems cannot be upgraded to a new release - while technically possible the fact is that SAP does not deliver upgrade kits that support IDES content upgrade.

I hope this helps,

Mike.

Answers (0)