cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to dislay images stored in R/3 as archive objects

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

In my view I need to show photos,which are actually uploded into R/3 through archive objects.I have used FM:<b>SCMS_DOC_URL_READ</b> to get the URL, as this is not a http url the image UI element is not render .

so pls help me in solving this.

Thanks,

Sethu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

SergioFerrari
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Good question...

I'd like to see a standard and easy way to perform what you are asking.

Hacking the SAP Web AS it is possible but the required skill HIGH.

First of all have a look to the nice blog /people/thomas.szcs/blog/2006/07/18/basic-concepts-150-url-semantics

It is clear that there is easy way to address to Content Server Objects.

Then you should know about the SAP Web AS cache.

In the blog /people/thomas.jung3/blog/2004/08/09/bsp-download-to-excel-in-unicode-format you can see how Thomas hacks with it (search the statement:

create object cached_response type cl_http_response exporting add_c_msg = 1.)

Then I think you should use SCMS_DOC_READ, convert the CONTENT_BIN into XSTRING, store it in the cache and finally set the property Source of the imaeg object to the name of the cached object (GUID).

I'm looking forward to see also other approaches...

Sergio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

This problem can be solved if you can save your images in MIME repository.

Open your dynpro component in SE80.

from context menu of componentcontroller, go to CREATE-->MIME object

-->Create

On shared tab enter name and description and click on the button next to field "MIME TYPE" . Select GIF graphic option. now 1 folder with the name of your dynpro component is being created in MIME reposiroty

start transaction SE80 and press the button "MIME repository" on top left corner.

navigate to SAP &#8594; BC &#8594;WebDynpro &#8594; SAP and look for the folder with the name of your dynpro component.

Right click on folder and choose "import MIME object" and select the image you want to display.

create a view element in your dynpro component of type "TRAY"

Inside it create a view element of type "IMAGE". From property section of IAMGE view element, open the drop down for source.

Select tab "Component images" and select your dynpro component from drop down.

Execute the application to test it.

regards

Vishal Kapoor