cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

installing licence on (EP on WAS640

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

could you please tell me how to install licence in EP6 as my java instance becomes red after half an hour becuase licence is not installed on the machine.so i have to restart the instance again to get login in EP again it become red. quick response will be highly appricated.

Regards

Dheraj Thareja

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks a lot i could see as per your guidence. can i install both Java sytem & Abap system. and after that i need to install exchange server & EP on this. please suggest it is very urgent as i have to start installation.

Regards

Dheeraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

to have an ABAP + Java system, you first install the ABAP part and then perform the Java Add-in installation. So, in your case I'm affraid you cannot add ABAP for your existing EP server...

For more details on installation order, see the corresponding installation guides available on http://service.sap.com/instguides.

Regards,

Ivo

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i have alrady gone through the installation guide. i want to do fresh installation and got bit confuse.Please correct me if i am wrong in the following.

1)i can install both JAVA WEB AS system and ABAP WEB AS system on same server.

2)or else i can choose ABAP WEB AS system and j2ee addin for ABAP

if i am rite then what is big differnce in both above installation please guide me. as i need to install then Ep server on this and exchange infrastructure.

Regards

Dheeraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ivaylo Ivanov,

Thanks a lot for your help and Guidence. I was able to install the same.

Thanks again

Regards

Dheeraj Thareja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the help i have been able to login in Visual administrator and i installed the licence.

thanks again

one more query i have if you cab really help me out. i have one EP server installed & if i want to check which kind of installation would have done on this server mean to say is it Abap system, Java addin for Abap, Java system,is there any way to check it.

Regards

Dheeraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

good that your license problem is solved.

About the second question: In general, a if you are running a Java-only server, the instance name of this server would be JCxx, where xx is the instance number.If the server is ABAP + Java, then the instance name will be DVEBMGSxx.

In addition, the SAPInst installation program usually keeps installation-related files under the <Drive>:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir directory. Well, if those files were not deleted manually by somebaody, you could locate the keydb.xml file for the installation that has been performed and look at the properties at the beginning of the file. There should be a property that shows the installation type that has been performed, for example:

<property name ="DISPLAY_NAME" value ="SAP NetWeaver '04 J2EE System (J2EE only)> MaxDB> Distributed System> Prepare a Central Instance Host" />

Hope that helps!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you should install license for your Java server. For more details, see <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/14/5e533e5ff4d064e10000000a114084/frameset.htm">this</a> page.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Accroding to the path suggested by you. i need to run visual administrator for licence installation. can i login with default connection.

Regards

Dheeraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes, you can. The default connection uses the Administrator user, hence you have to provide the admin's password.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While connecting with default connection which port is used by the system as following entry exist in my file adminCFG.properties under path D:\usr\sap\J2E\JC00\j2ee\admin\cfg.

connection.0.Port=50004

so when i try to connect with default connection it says " unable to lookup connection defualt".

earlier it was just asking for the password seems i changed the value 50004 so it is nt working now.

could you please tell me which defult port is used by the system while connnecting with defualt connection so that i can correct the value in above file.

Regards

Dheeraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

since your intance has number 00 (i.e. JC00), then the correct port should be 50004.

However, if you have problems with the default connection, you can define a new one choosing the option <i>Direct Connection to the Dispatcher</i>. You should define the Administrator user to be used for the connection, and the port should also be 50004 (default one). For more information about defining the new connection, see http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/35/06472c8c7e4d60abffdfff3eb1050f/frameset.htm

Also, I'd suggest that you do not change the connection properties in the properties file, but use the UIs for that.