Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't activate/deactivate Security Audit via SM19.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I can't activate/deactivate Security Audit via SM19.

I tried to activate the security audit but the program has aborted. The Current File Size is 977kb vs Maximum File Size of 976kb. I run SM18 to initialize the log but the activation has aborted once again. The File Size remains at 977kb.

Thanks,

Kiko

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the following profile parameters...

DIR_AUDIT

Directory for security audit files

FN_AUDIT

Name of security audit file

rsau/enable

Enable Security Audit

rsau/max_diskspace/local

Maximum space for security audit file

rsau/max_diskspace/per_day

Maximum size of all security audit files

rsau/max_diskspace/per_file

Maximum size of one single security audi

rsau/selection_slots

Number of selection slots for security a

rsau/user_selection

Defines the user selection method used

Regards

Ben

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Enrico,

It sounds like your diskspace per day is full. In this case the log stops, keeping the records; but rejecting new ones (LIFO principle).

That SM18 will not let you then delete the full daily log, sounds like an intentional security feature to me (not sure though).

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hi Julius,

Thru SM18 it has allowed me to delete the log files but when you look at the SM19 the file size remains at 977kb. What could be the problem here?

Thanks,

Kiko

0 Kudos

Hi Enrico,

Can you also still read from files (from SM20)? That would indicate that they are not realy deleted (in SM18) - actually I think I remember having read something about not deleting a file from the same day?

Another possibility is that you have more than 1 app servers? E.g. one for SM18, one for SM19 dynamic settings and one for SM20...

Julius

0 Kudos

Hi Julius,

No. When you run SM20 it doesn't read the log file anymore.

Yes. We have 4 app servers. But from what I understand you do the settings in any server then it will distribute the settings to other app servers.

Until now the File Size is still at 977kb. I can't remove it.

Thanks,

Kiko

0 Kudos

Hi Kiko,

It may be a problem in the SM19 screen program (bug?), which is not picking up the fact that the file size has changed to 0. This sort of thing has tricked me before...

The easiest solution would be to increasing the file size, then you dont need to delete it to get new records? Read up on the file_per_day parameter (mentioned above) documentation in RZ11 or report RSPFPAR.

regards,

Julius

0 Kudos

All,

I believe you can only delete files odler than 3 days. Build-in security so you don't delete recent logfiles...

0 Kudos

hey this is hajee

i am trying to configuring security audit through the transcation sm19 can any one tell me how much dist space we have to give means maximum sapce of audit file and maximum files per day can you tell the values what i have to maintain over there please help on this issue

thanx in advance

hajee