cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error "Incorrect output destination"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello guys

We are having SRM5.5 SP08 with backend ECC 5.0. Extended classic scenario.

I have a paculiar issue to you.

When I click item details in Check status, system just keep thinking...nothing doing.

I am getting very strange errors in SM21. <b>"Terminal type 202 : Incorrect output destination/message type TERM"

"Operating system call receive failed (err no 10054)"

Documentation for system log message is "An attempt was made to send data to an incorrect destination. Please contact SAP hotline"</b>

Samething happens when I click Item data tab in PO (BBP_POC) and when Confirmation(BBPCF02) is clciked for a PO.

I tried to debug for PO transaction( BBP_POC) in SRM GUI system. When Item data is selected pop-up screen appears for Controlling area. It seems system is not able to determine CO area from PO. But in PO, CO iarea s populated correctly.

I assume ITS web programme is waiting for the CO area value forever. because ITS does not show any pop-up screen for CO area value.

I did lot of analysis on this but no success.

Did anyone face such issue?

Please share your thoughts on this.

Regards

Jagadish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Seems to be a bug in the system.

<b>Please go through the links below -></b>

Note 775080 - ALERTMON: Confirmation details in message are not available

Note 793786 - ECS: SRM purchase orders are output in R/3 System

Note 737915 - 3.5-4.0: Credit memo procedure does not generate any output

Note 849567 - Output Control for ERS Invoice in Program BBPERS

Note 1058484 - Seperate Output required for each Invoice in ERS report

Note 749786 - Incorrect call of module BBP_TRIGG_TRIGGER_EXECUTE

Incase it does not help, please raise a Customer OSS message with sAP for faster resolution of the query.

Do let me know.

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Atul

Thanks for refering the similar issue thread.

My issue got resolved with SAP note 857326 in backend system as mentioned in the thread.

Points rewarded.

Regards

Jagadish

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jagdish,

see the note : 857326 - Plug in:Cost Assignment search returns incorrect description.

The reason why the transaction BBPSC01 was looping is that the length of the component type field ACC_OBJ_VALUE in the structure BBP_ACC_DESCRIPTION (Backend) was 12 char while the same in the SRM system was of length 24.By changing the field length and activating the structure,the prob will be solved!

Please reward points if helpful..

Thanks

Venkatesh