cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

security in case of b2b communication

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ! During B2B communiction using XI what are the security features that XI has ?? Suppose if we are having a scenario where we are calling webservice using SOAP adapter. In this case how can we ensure the security of our message to and from webservice ?? what features that XI have to execute this security ??

thanks

kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kumar,

Please refer the same URL which I gave to ur previous thread. It describes everything.

Best regards,

raj.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Below are some security features that required in XI:

User Administration and Authentication

Message-Level Security : Certificate Store, Archiving Secured Messages

Network and Communication Security

Adapter-Specific Security Configuration. Encryptions & decryption

Data Protection, Data Security, Security of data and communication channels

Integration Security : Interfaces conversions, BC/XML, Digital certificates,

SAP NW-XI supports industry standards such as Security Assertions Markup Language (SAML) and XML-Signature

For more refer this:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/f5/799add57aeee4f889265094a04695c/frameset.htm

Regards,

Subhasha

Former Member
0 Kudos

if you want to use security, use HTTPS which in XI comes with the following options:

1. Using Digital Certificates - The system hosting web service has to provid you the digital certificate you will have to use. it should be X.509 certified.

2. Using Basic Authentication: Normal authentication i.e. username and password.

3. Digital Signatures: This is mostly used when you want to ensure non-repudiation of data. Be careful when you want to use this as there are some legal issues around it.

Best of all three is use of Digital Certificates. (my personal exp..)

Reward if helpful

Cheers,

Sarath

Former Member
0 Kudos

we have different securites.

1. user autherication

2. truested CA

3. encription and decceription

we can have at adapter level receving system level. https security from adapter from incoming wewbserivces

regards

sreeram.g.reddy