cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reduced File size at target

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

I am getting an strange error in my scenario.

The scenario is very simple, File->XI->File.

I am using --

1. File Content Conversion in source and target CCs.

2. Multi-Mapping in MM.

The source file is 7 MB, which is not at all a very big file for PI 7.0 SP12. The message passes through the XI properly, but the file created at the target is only of 4 MB !! A lot of data is getting lost in the target file.

What and where can be the problem? Please don't send the links for the blogs on sizing and other related stuff.

Will really appreciate your inputs. Many thanks,

Neetesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

can you test ur mapping with input from sxmb_moni. check in your moni whether total file is availabe in moni or not. if it is not their then sender file adapter is not reading full. if it reads full then check you moni message with ur mapping.

Regards

Sreeram.G.Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish / Sriram,

I am reading the whole file at one go.

As I have mentioned in my query, the message passes through the XI properly. It must be somewhere after it goes of the IE and before the receiving adapter writes it to the destination.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

you are using mutimapping right what about ther other file. is it also creating 4 mb

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raj,

I am not sure of your design. Are you reading the whole file at a time or only few records at a time?

I would suggest to read few records at a time and check once again if you have the same issue.

Regards,

---Satish