cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CMS configuration with two SLD's

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru's

I am trying to configure CMS so that XI code can be transported from dev to test to production. Currently, I have a seperate SLD for dev and test then I do for production. The change managment system is being controlled by the development server. When I go into the landscape configurator and try to add the production XI URL for the track data no error is given but the url is not accepted. Is this a problem with having two SLD's? If so, is there a work around or do you need to use one SLD for CMS?

Also, I configured the SLD bridge but I can't tell if it's synchronizing the data. How and when does that work?

Thanks,

Lee

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You cannot list one system in more than one SLD, but one SLD can talk to other SLD, i.e. If you landscape has many systems in Development you have one SLD specific to Development landscape, Similarly If you have many systems in testing landscape you maintain these systems in the another SLD. Now if you want a master SLD which has got all these systems from both test and Development, you need to configure your SLD to send the data to the main SLD, which can be done by Navigating to

http://<host>:<CI>00/sld->; Administration->Data Suppliers->Add SLD

enter the name of the target SLD to which the SLD has to update the data.

Now to check if the synchronisation happening?

You can check in RZ70 if the background job is running properly.

Also you can check under the technical systems of the sld page if the components are showing the up to date timestamp

Or if you have configured CCMS,you can check if the data is up to date and sync is happening.

Reward points if found usefull

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does CMS reuire that all the systems are in the same SLD?

I added my development SLD as a data supplier but I am still not able to add the production url in CMS. I can save the CMS configuration but once I hit refresh it vanishes without any error.

The backround jobs are configured in RZ70 but I am not seeing the development systems in my production sld. It seems like they are not synchronizing.

The SLD did show some up to date time stamps, though but I still can't add the production URL to CMS.

Any other ideas?

Thanks,