cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Value Mapping Replication - XIVMService.execute() search using wildcards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, i'm replicating value mappings to IS' cache.

Replication works fine. Using RWB i'm can list all the data in the Value Mapping Groups cache. I can also perform a loose search entering something like "12*" in the 'Value' field and the result contains all the mappings having 'Value' staring with "12".

The problem arises when i try to do the same search with

XIVMService.executeMapping

because it just tries to do an exact search insluding the wildcard as the source value. Has anyone tried this? I need help urgently, otherwise i'm afraid i'll have to change my solution radically.

Thanks in advance

Nicolá

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can not retrieve values using wild cards at runtime when you are using the XVMService in some mapping. You will have to specify the entire source. In runtime workbench, if you give 12*, it will retrieve anything whose value starts with 12 irrespective of agency schema, etc...

Former Member
0 Kudos

I asume that in the implementation of the search funcionallity in RWB there's an API being used. I just wonder why the results are different compared to the execution in runtime

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>I can also perform a loose search entering something like "12*" in the 'Value' >field and the result contains all the mappings having 'Value' staring with "12".

Are you doing this to manually search for the value in the RWB or is it in the Runtime.

> The problem arises when i try to do the same search

> with

XIVMService.executeMapping

because

> it just tries to do an exact search insluding the

> wildcard as the source value. Has anyone tried this?

Where are you trying this search? What i mean to ask is in the runtime ? Are you using some UDF/ Java code to read the data from the value mapping table?

If my answer/ question is completely off track , I would really like to know what you are trying here

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavesh, i'm performing this search in a UDF and i need to make it this way because there are cases where the mapping doesn't have the complete string for the source value of the value mapping.

Regards,

Nicolá

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Moorthy, thanks for your reply, but as i have already stated in my first post, replication is working fine (and that´s what the link you suggested is about).

Regards,

Nicolá