cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: Navigate back to the same iView with Portal Absolute Navigation?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, SDN Fellows.

When I tried to do a portal absolute navigation from and to the same iView, the iView before an infinite loop that keep navigating by itself (the iView keep refreshing by itself non-stop).

Here is the code that I used:

My current URL, said: ROLES://portal_content/RoleA/WorksetA/PageA,

then I called this method to navigate to itself:

WDPortalNavigation.navigateAbsolute("ROLES://portal_content/RoleA/WorksetA/PageA" 
,WDPortalNavigationMode.SHOW_INPLACE
,WDPortalNavigationHistoryMode.NO_DUPLICATIONS
,null);

To make sure I have the right method, I changed the URL Target to, said: ROLES://portal_content/RoleA/WorksetA/PageB, then the navigation become fine and did navigate to PageB.

Do any of you know what can be the problem?

My optimal goal is to refresh the whole Web Dynpro application, by navigate to itself again. I used to implement this by using WDP Exit Plug and URL Navigation, but this does not work in the portal environment. So, I am thinking to use the portal navigation to do the same thing.

Second question, do you have any other alternative way to refresh the whole Web Dynpro application without using Exit Plug?

FYI:

My current EP version is NW04s SP6.

Thanks for advise.

Kent

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi kent,

When r u calling this method in ur application??Do u mean that as soon as ur ivew is loaded,it gets refreshed ??

regards

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI, Sumit.

Yes, it keeps refreshing indefinitely, and never stop and lauch the view properly.

I think something about the application state of the WDJ application.

Kent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kent,

By any chance are u calling ur WDPortalNavigation.navigateAbsolute() method in wdDoInit() or in wdDoModifyView()??Bcos if u r calling it on any event,it should not behave like this.

regards

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Sumit.

I really call it in an action event, not in doInit() and doModifyView().

But I believe for some reason the action was keep repeating bi itself.

Kent

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

former_member720137
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Use this code in ur action button event..

WDPortalNavigation.navigateAbsolute("ROLES://portal_content/..............",WDPortalNavigationMode.SHOW_INPLACE,(String) null,(String) null,WDPortalNavigationHistoryMode.NO_HISTORY,(String) null,(String) null,(String) null,(String) null,true,false);

It will open same view again..

Do reward points if helpful

Thanks

Puneet

former_member751941
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kent,

Check this block.

/people/dipankar.saha3/blog/2007/04/10/how-to-open-running-gp-processes-from-web-dynpro-applications

Regards,

Mithu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anyone have any clue on this?

Kent