cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File-XI-File:one sender channel, multiple receiver channels on same BS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi !

We need to send some files from one server to another. On the source, the filenames have a fixed prefix and a timestamp. On the target, the files should have a fixed name (time stamp trimmed). We would like to use one sender channel with the advanced file selection option and for example 3 receiver channels, each channel for each fixed filename. All destination channels are for the same business service. And because we do not need mapping, and want to improve performance, we don't use the repository.

Is this possible? or because this only a 3 files scenario, we should make it as 3 different scenarios, each with its own sender and receiver channels?

Thanks,

Matias

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are creating a file name dynamically in the receiver side as same name as sender file , then in one interface you can do. with adapter specific message attributes. If so it is possible. else you will end up with 3 simple scenarios

Else you need to route 3 different files into 3 receiver interfaces with enhanced Receiver determination. for this you will end up with Repository objects etc.

Hope this helps

Moorthy

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hmmm Interesting... Never heard of XI scenario without Integration Repository. Also If you use message mapping trimming file names shouldn't be difficult.

Pls go through this blog to know how to send file names using XI : /people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/11/10/xi-the-same-filename-from-a-sender-to-a-receiver-file-adapter--sp14

Regards,

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

have a look at the following

/people/william.li/blog/2006/09/08/how-to-send-any-data-even-binary-through-xi-without-using-the-integration-repository

thanx

Ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Ahmad that was a totally a new thing or me? But is this possible only with File adapters?

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

NO,it can work with most of the adapters.i personally didn't try other adapters but i have seen threads on sdn proving that its possible

thanx

Ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

But Ahmad, as mentioned in the blog, XI scenario without IR can be used only if it's non xml mesage. Is that right?

If that is the case then how will other adapters other than File adapter understand the incoming message?

Thanks,

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

>>But Ahmad, as mentioned in the blog, XI scenario without IR can be used only if it's non xml mesage. Is that right?

can you please tell me where it says this:)

is it this line which is confusing you <b>"Contrary to popular believe, the message or document sent thru XI does NOT have to be in XML format"</b> ?

well it just means that you can send any data(.jpeg,.pdf xml .xls or anything) by doin the bypass scenario.

IDOC's are something which can give u problems if you dont do IR steps(specially mapping)coz a lot of values need to be hard coded.but suppose ur doing a async File to RFC,then i guess you can do that by using the bypass scenario.

i won't count on bypass scenarios for all of my requirements,but yeah if both source and target have exactly same data type i will give it a shot,irrespective of the interface i m integrating.

Thanx

Ahmad

Message was edited by:

Ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

to trim down the Timestamp from the sender file name,you need to use adapter specific message attributes and then get the file name in mapping and then trim it.for this you will have IR objects as you need to do mapping.

but in case you simple want to move the file without trimming down anything,then you can do without IR,just have three interfaces without any conditions in the conditional interface determination.

Thanx

Ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys could you pls explain how can we configure a scenario with IR?

In that case how do we mention the interfaces in the ID, what about the Interface and mesage mappings?

Regards,

Ashish