cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variable qty. in DP-BOM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I define a DP- BOM in the APO system or I generate from existing SNP or PPDS PPM.

Here is my SBOM

Finished good FG

- A (1 no.)

- B (4 no.s)

- C (2 no.s)

- D (qty. variable)

- E(qty. variable)

Now my problem here is that D ad E are variable qty. and need the system to determined from the history during forecasting. Which means that for the same configuration, one customer may ask for let's say 10 of D and 12 of E, then other customer may order 2 of D and 3 of Es. The system needs to determine this qty. during forecasting.

Can I define a DP-BOM with the above situation and forecast FG, A through E? How?

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks.

Message was edited by:

Visu Venkat

Message was edited by:

Visu Venkat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was meaning to reply to thins since you first posted but got lost. also am not sure since a my solution would be in the lines we discussed in an earlier post...

I dont understand how you would use history to derive them them. If they are customer dependent you should be be able to calculate them in BW or elsewhere and have fixed values ready. if so you can try to load it back to your PPMs as values using some kind of update.... (MASSD, or BAPI/LSMW based programs)

if this can be done you can still use your BOm explosion

if this is not possible....

I presume you plan to forecast your FG and let the BOM calculate the dependednt requirement A to E

you could take D and E off into another KF and calculate it.

you can actually load the variable qty on with the characterisitics for say

customer as an attribute and use this in a macro to calculate the values

also if you are using product location masterdata you can load this into one of the free attribute fields and use a macro to read it and calculate

alternately you can use the history to derive the dynamic value to a cell and use that cell to overwrite the values for D and E for the same KF ( IF infoobj = D or E then cell A1* value in FG)

dont know if any of this helps....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Visu,

I would recommend to create customer-specific SKUs with different BOMs assigned.

As soon as the input differs you are talking about a different SKU.

cheers

JB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Let me see if I understand what you said. Incase of variable qty. You want me to get the common qty.ies customer orders and make a seperate BOM.

Ex:

BOM1- Finished good FG

- A (1 no.)

- B (4 no.s)

- C (2 no.s)

- D (qty. variable -5 in this case)

- E(qty. variable-3 in this case )

Then

BOM2- Finished good FG

- A (1 no.)

- B (4 no.s)

- C (2 no.s)

- D (qty. variable -3 in this case)

- E(qty. variable-2 in this case )

Is this what you are saying? I get so many combinations like this. Please explain me a little more detailed what you are saying.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Visu,

you got it. It is not even that calculation of dependant demand is working properly but also traceability of your business.

cheers

JB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any suggestions please?