cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlock catalog

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks

I am unable to unlock the catalog using the program /CCM/CLEANUP_CATALOG.

When I try to edit the catalog, I get a message 'Catalog CAT1 is locked because it is currently being updated'.

Can anybody advise me on how to get this catalog lock released?

Thanks in advance.

Rajeev

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jason_boggans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

If the catalog is in update status it is not possible to delete the catalog version, I suggest you check tables /CCM/D_PUB_ST for entries with status 'A' or 'R', if they exist, and are not valid publications still running, then change the entries here from 'A' and 'R' to 'E' Published with errors.

Also check the table /CCM/D_UPD_STATE to verify there is no entry stuck in status 03, again if there is and it is not a valid catalog update (like publication or upload/mapping) then change the status to update failed or whatever the corresponding status should be.

Once the tables indicated above are cleared the deletion should be successful, I recommend that you use the option 'Specific Version' during deletion and specify exactly what version you want to use.

Hope this helps!

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have also come across this issue where /CCM/CLEANUP_CATALOG does not seem to unlock the catalogues. To get around this I have had to do the following:

- Look in table /CCM/D_CTLG_REQ for your catalog and look for the one without active flag.

- In /CCM/CLEANUP_CATALOG, I used the "delete catalog" option for that specific catalog and ticked the "Inactive version". This will remove that entry from the table above.

- Then run /CCM/CLEANUP_CATALOG again and use the "unlock catalog" for that catalog for all versions (Active, Inactive, Last).

Thanks

Venkatesh

Please reward points if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkatesh

Thanks for your response.

In the table mentinoed, I can see only one entry and that is the active version. So i guess there are no inactive versions of the catalog.

Regards

Rajeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

even though entry is not there try below..

In /CCM/CLEANUP_CATALOG, I used the "delete catalog" option for that specific catalog and ticked the "Inactive version". This will remove that entry from the table above.

- Then run /CCM/CLEANUP_CATALOG again and use the "unlock catalog" for that catalog for all versions (Active, Inactive, Last).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

<b>We faced fimilar issue ... SAP has suggested this long back -></b>

<i>The problem is as a result of a system restart which occured while a

publication job was in process. The shutdown cancelled the job for

program /CCM/PE_START_REG_PUBLICATION but did not cancel or clean up

the corresponding table entries which are causing the error you now

encounter</i>

Go to table <b>/ccm/d_pub_st</b>
Here you will see one entry in status 'R' (Running) this needs to be
changed to status 'E' (Published with errors)

Then Use report again /ccm/cleanup_catalog 

<b>Related Help links -></b>

To remove the locks, use SE38 transaction and type program name as /CCM/CLEANUP_CATALOG to unlock or delete catalogues. Please select the correct option !

<b>Related SAP OSS Notes -></b>

Note 965357 - /CCM/CLEANUP_MAPPING: Long runtimes Note 773975 - TIME_OUT short dump when publishing very large catalogs

Note 909907 - Improved performance of update overview (CCM20)

Do let me know.

Regards

- Atul