Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query name restriction by user name

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I want to maintain authorization in BI 7 for a reporting user in such a way that, he will be able to create a query and execute it , but the the restriction is that, the query name start with his user name. he is enabled only to create any query as

"username_* " . Now there are different Info providers and company codes for each. Can any body please let me know if you have any idea for this... if possible can we make common roles. only problem i face each ... query namespace is restricted by his username * . so, no. of roles would be more that users.

Please let me know if you need any clarifications.

Thank you,

Venkat

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Venki,

Not sure if this will resolve the issue however you can restrict query access via user name via auth object S_RS_COMP1 with $USER in the owner field.

Cheers,

Ben

0 Kudos

Hi Ben,

Thanks for the message. What you said is correct. You could restrict this for queries ownership. Its good. My requirement is that. already, presently users are in the process of creating the queries starting with their user name...!!

Now i need to meet that requirement.... !!

Restrication for tthat...!! So i am looking for that...!!!

Wish we get some ideas..!!

Regards,

venki

0 Kudos

Venki,

Look into using a user exit and custom programming.

Cheers,

Ben

PKing
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Venki,

for me it seems to be a poor concept so start query techical ID's with the user name. I would suggest to establish a new naming convention and to use S_RS_COMP1 as suggested. Technically spoken it is possible to reuse your concept by use of customer-exit but you should consider this as critical.

Bye,

Petra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Petra,

I agree with what you said, Now at this moment the customer needs the requirement which i mentioned, as the quries naming convention is already in process since months..!!!

Can I have ur mail id or contact no.(to venki_nw@yahoo.co.in) so that, i can tell u the situation, clearly, and we will be back in this thread for solution....

Thanks for the co-operation.!!

regards,

venkat