cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with 7.0 SC in 6.40 version of JDI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are working with a JDI 6.40, Portal 7.0, Studio 7.0. We have one track with 6.40 components(SAP-JEE, SAP-JTECHS, SAP-BUILD). In another track, since we want to develop with EP 7.0, We have added the SAP-JEE 7.0, SAP-JTECHS 7.0 to a new Software Component in SLD, and added it to the track.

But When we try to check-in the components, we still have 6.40 SCs.

Is this is due to one Domain and Workspace. I tried to create a new domain, But couldnt create it. If I want to manulally copy the SCs from plugins directory to new workspace, I am not sure we will have 7.0 SCs. Where do we can get these 7.0 SCs to copy to the new workspace?.

Does anybody know how to create different tracks with different versions of SCs?.

Thanks, I appreciate your help.

Raj Peddisetty.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

CMS does not really care about what the version says, thus it is possible to import 6.40 SCAs into a track that claims to be configured with 7.00.

You simply need to download the 7.00 SCAs from the service marketplace (or copy them from DVD) and import them into the 7.00 track. Please note that for EP development in 7.00 you will also need EP_BUILDT.

Regards,

Marc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Marc,

Could you please send me the URL to download the 7.0 SCAs. Thanks for earlier reply. Just to confirm, Can we have 6.40 Components, to develop Web Dynpro applications in EP7.0, Studio 7.0. Our JDI is on 6.40 SP17.

Thanks,

Raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

go to the service marketplace (https://service.sap.com/) and then navigate: Support Packages and Patches -> SAP NetWeaver -> SAP NETWEAVER -> SAP NETWEAVER 2004S -> Entry by Component -> Enterprise Portal

and there:

DI BUILD TOOL 7.00 -> SAP_BUILDT

EP BUILD TOOL 7.00 -> EP_BUILDT

SAP JAVA TECH SERVICES 7.00 -> SAP_JTECHS

SAP J2EE ENGINE 7.00 -> SAP-JEE

I'm not sure if I understand your question correctly. The version of JDI is irrelevant, you can use a 6.40SP17 JDI to build components for other releases as long as the correct SCAs are imported into a track.

The Studio usually has to match the exact release of the runtime system, so I would expect that you need a 6.40 Studio to develop for a 6.40 runtime and a 7.00 studio to develop for a 7.00 runtime.

Regards,

Marc

Answers (0)