cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sync cancel time-out

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we have a syncbo with a number of register very high and we want all this registers go to the mobile device.But when we execute the syncronization it always cancel.

We have a dump in MI with the next description:

Das Programm "SAPLMEREP_RUNTIME_MASS" hat die maximal zulässige Laufzeit ohne

Unterbrechung überschritten und wurde deshalb abgebrochen.

We try to execute before merep_distributor but so neither run correctly.

Can anybody help me??

Thanks, regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

AjithC
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Jose,

if the data volume to the device is too high, then the XML conversion will take long time resulting in the time out dump. Basically the time out dump can be avoided by adjusting the system parameter max_wp_runtime to a higher value.

But here its better to implement the note 1004167. This will make sure that the xml conversion is offline and hence will bring you huge benefits in sync time. Implemeting this note will give you twin benefits of improved system performance and better user experience.

Regards

Ajith Chandran

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

where can I cahnge this parameter??

Thanks,regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jose,

The instance parameter rdisp/max_wp_runtime limits the processing time for a dialog work process. If a transaction excees this time, it is canceled and rolled back.

Try to look at the parameter's documentation in RZ11 or in help.sap.com.

Basically, it's the limit on how long an online dialog step should run. The transaction gets cancelled, it doesn't get completed/committed and all initial processing will be rolled back. There will be a dump in ST22 that will provide additional explanation on the matter. its a filter protecting the system against infinite cycles.

what type of SyncBO are you using. for your kind of application T51 would be more appropriate.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Divya

Former Member
0 Kudos

@ Ajith Chandran;

Hello Ajith, What do you mean by implementing the note 1004167?

Sorry, I just took over the SAP MAM project here at work. And so far its been very chaotic, most of the time the Mobile phones work and then they dont. : (. A big problem has been that the synchronization never stops. It just keeps on refreshing and only a reset start will stop it. This has led to the phones not being able to synchronize again, and in most cases have been factory reset. I am guessing by limiting the synchronization time, I can relieve this problem.

Anyways, I would appreciate if you told me what you meant by implementing the note 1004167. Because I just started with SAP its taking me awhile to get used to the jargon.

Greetings

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

By implementing a note it means that you incorporate some corrections in the code into your system which have been done by SAP. This can be some bug fix. For this you need to go to transaction SNOTE, here you need to first download the required note into your system, in your case its 1004167. Provide this note whose corrections have to be implemented in your system & then select Implement. The corrections contained in this note will be implemented in your system.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Nameeta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nameeta,

Thank you for the speedy reply. I will be out of the office this afternoon. And as mentioned in my introduction thread, I am a complete newbie to SAP. Although its not quite clear yet where I need to implement the note (SAP MAM server OR the Smartphone?) tommorro morning I will try and find SNOTE and download 1004167. I will get back to you as soon as I have either failed, or succeeded with implementing 1004167.

Thanks for the quick reply!

sandeep_rs
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Please also add the following lines on the MobileEngine.config file in your client device:

MobileEngine.Trace.Enabled=true

MobileEngine.Trace.Level=1000

This turns on the tracing in MI (the framework on which MAM is running) and by analysing this we may be able to figure out why the sync is not stopping.

Best Regards,

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sandeep,

I tried to create a trace with the mobiles that weren't working. But the SAP technician said they were empty. I did this by choosing the Trace option on the Mobile Phones SAP Infrastructure.

Maybe it has something to do with the two lines you gave me to change;

MobileEngine.Trace.Enabled=true

MobileEngine.Trace.Level=1000

Where is the MobileEngine.config File on the Mobile Phones. I take it its in the [MI] Directory.I was looking through the [MI] directory to find the MobileEngine.config file. All I see in the [Conf] Folder is files such as the [obj.conf] or [mod.conf] but no MobileEngine.config file.

Greetings

Mike

sandeep_rs
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

Its there in the "Settings" folder under MI installation folder.

Best Regards,

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am not exactly sure but can you please try implementing note 881943 in your system and check if this resolves your problem.

Best Regards

Sivakumar