cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overlapping of Operations for Finished and Semi finished production

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to model an overlapping situation.

I have to start the finished product production (planned order),

when the semi finished product production is % 50 completed.

Is there a way to do overlapping of this planned orders of higl level material and dependent material or materials?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

A couple of ways you could do this....

The first is to use an offset in the ppm of your finished material so that the semi-finished material dep requirements are not generated until say mid routing.

This has the advantage that the finished order can be started before the semi-finished is complete. Becareful if using ECM as the offset is held at the header level of the components and not the detail. So you lose the offset.

In planning terms this solution allows the offset you are after.

The second option is to change the output phase of the semi-finished material in the ppm of the s/f material to be a phase earlier than the final phase.

APO applies the material output to the phase with the highest number.

Simplest change is to switch the output to an earlier phase - but this is only useful in planning.

A more sophisticated approach is to add a phase in the PPM with no successors with an operation number higher than the others. The output is then associated with this.

1000 --> 2000 --> 3000 --> 4000 (matl output) ....... original

1000 --> 3000 --> 4000

\

9000 (matl ouput)

Refer to note 824854 for the BADI you may need to apply to enable this to work and integrate correctly back to R/3.

Good luck

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Chris,

But I have only 1 operation for the semifinished product production

also 1 for the finished product production,

I have to link theses 2 different operations.

How can I do that?

Mehmet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mehmet, I think the easiest way would be to add an offset in the ppm of the finished material.

Within the ppm find the component, I expect this will be consumption type S (start of activity), enter an offset .........a positive figure... the requirement for your semi-finished will be pulled forward giving you an overlap between the start of the finishing order and the completion of the semi-finished order.

Chris

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks