cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FINBASIS 600 and R/3 4.7 with FINBASIS 200

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have ECC 5.0 system with FINBASIS 300 which is being upgraded to ECC 6.0 and FINBASIS 600. We also have R/3 4.7 system with FINBASIS 200 that communicates with current ECC 5.0 and another BW/SEM system (3.5) which is being upgrade to 2004s. SEM BCS 6.0 and ECC 6.0 are based on FINBASIS 600 whereas 4.7 is based on FINBASIS 200. Since the system with 4.7 is NOT being upgraded at this time, the clarification I need is whether the R/3 4.7 system will have any problems communicating with the systems with FINBASIS 600.

Can anyone help me answer this question?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi and welcome to SDN!

Depends on what you mean under 'communication between systems'.

AFAIK, FINBASIS is used by some application, for example by SAP SEM-BCS. If it's the case, then communication between BW systems of different releases is OK, regardless of what kind of FINBASIS is used in the R/3 systems.

Just collect everything in BI 7.0 and using FINBASIS 6.0 do whatever you want.

Best regards,

Eugene

Former Member
0 Kudos

Eugene:

Thanks for the reply. As soon as the new ECC 6.0 and BI 7.0 is upgraded, a new RFC connection will be established in R/3 4.7 systems. I believe there is some meta data transfer between these systems. Should I run into any problems?

Best Regards,

Girish

former_member181887
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

From the BI/SEM system's perspective, the connection to the SAP R/3 4.7 should be the same as before after the reactivate the source system (assuming you follow the BI/SEM upgrade guides).

I don't know enough about your SAP R/3 4.7 to SAP ERP 2004 (ECC 5.0) integration scenario to comment on this.

Cheers,

Mike.