cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query on Idoc types (MATMAS05) not delivered in NW core suite in PI 7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

We have installed core Netweaver 2004s SR2 Suite on Unix/DB2... It includes AS-ABAP, AS-Java, EP, PI, BI.

We are have further installed SAP MDM 5.5 SP04 on the same box...

We have already a 46c Development box on another unix host with DB2...

We are working on demonstrating R/3-PI-MDM scenario same as mentioned in url by Harrison holland on this sdn.sap forums:

There is a step to add Idoc metadata in IDX2- Tcode...

We tried Adding MATMAS05 Idoc type as metadata.But it says this Idoc types does not exists.. on researching further, I came to know that SAP_APPL is not getting delivered with NW Core suite NW2004s SR2 & gets delivered only with ECC 6.0 in ERP2005....

But the blog does show adding MATMAS05 Idoc type in IDX2 in PI Client....

So I would like here help to figure out from where will I get this Idoc type at ABAP Level... I have already imported SAP_APPL 4.7 in Integration Repository to get Idoc types MATMAS05 at Java level...

Looking forward a quick help on this.... A beauty answer resolving my scenario issue will surely get points! :).

Thanks,

Sanjay.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cleared my concepts & now Idocs are successfully generated in R3 Side once XI Processes XML Files generated by Syndication server

Former Member
0 Kudos

When sap r/3 sends idoc it will pushed on to abap stack.

If you are sending from 4.6C u can only push upto matmas04.

If you are sending from 4.7 & above u can push upto matmas05.

Please re-check ur configuration in IDX1 (Port Maintenance on the idoc adapter).

port -> SID of the r/3.

client -> client of the sender

Rfc Destination-> To the sender system.

Try running your interface with out trying to manually add metadata. At runtime metadata will be generated automatically.

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can import by giving port and idoctype but this is not required as bhavesh said when u run this scenario it automatically gets IDOC meta data into IDX2. try to run the sceanrio you will find the IDOC meta data in IDX2.

Regards

Sreeram.G.Reddy

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need not manually Load the Idoc Metadata in IDx2. Just run your intreface and the metadata gets loaded automatically.

Regards

bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

By "Just run your interface" - I am little unclear about this... I am done with creation of configuration scenario... PI is taking the files from inbound path...but how to run interface...

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sanjay,

Run the interface means.Push the IDOC from R/3 to XI , during runtime IDX2 will automatically loads the metadata.

@Bhavesh:Am I right?

But I haven't tried this. Juz give a try as Bhavesh suggested.

Best regards,

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey

i guess ur doing a R/3 to MDM scenario,right?

then goto WE19 on the R/3 machine and trigger MATMAS05 from there.This will run ur interfaces.

>>PI is taking the files from inbound path.

can you please explain what you mean by this?are u using FTP on sender side?

if its FTP,then simply put the sender file in the sender directory and that will run the interface

Thanx

Ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes raj,you are right,see the way it works is when u trigger the IDOC from R/3 side,it will search for Metadata in XI,if no Metadata is found then it will create a new metadata in XI and will use that in future.hence no need of IDX2.

but the point to note here is that if you make any changes in IDOC on R/3 side,then you need to re-import the IDOC in IR as well as import the metadata(now IDX2 is mandatory) coz if you dont then XI will keep on using the old metadata which waz created for the older IDOC structure and hence will create inconsistency

Thanx

Ahmad

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Ahmad!!!

Its clear now.

Best regards,

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

/people/harrison.holland5/blog/2006/12/20/xi-configuration-for-mdm-integration--sample-scenario

I was using this Blog to configure MDM PI R3 Scenario to deliver MATMAS05 Idoc data from R3 to MDM as Material master data