cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Color of "SAP GUI"-icon in windows taskbar dependent on system?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Quite often I have many many SAP GUI sessions active at a time over several different systems.

They all show as buttons on the windows taskbar with a small GUI icon and some text related to the specific screen they are in.

Now I would like to be able to immediately see on the windows taskbar which button applies to which system.

Thought about getting it colored , alike you can have the whole active session colored per system. (customizing local layout/set color to system).

Is this somehow possible ?

PS We are on SAP 4.7/basis620 . I have SAP GUI 640.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

THX BART_PASTOOR

your idea is very helpfull to me, cause before many many times ago i want to customize GUI and after another times i met GUIXT. But it was very complicated for me to understand.

But now i decided to solve it and to try some features after reading your topics .....

And .... i was successful

but firstly to reply from Rolf-Martin .... hey you man, you are right that this problem is upon on the system how represent the session of SAP GUI in taskbar ...

and finally to setting up GuiXT and to sample script:

- you have to activate GuiXT in SAP menu (press icon Customize Local Layout in The System Function Bar or pressing ALT+F12)

- then click on Activate GuiXT (if you don't have there this option so you have to install it from SAP GUI FrontEnd Setup disk)

- then you have to create in the root of C: disk directory GuiXT\Scripts (cause this is default option for script directory)

- and in this directory you can paste content of attached archive. This script change Icon and title bar for SAP session

BUT now i'm looking for HOW TO ATTACHED FILE to my reply as Rolf-Martin did in his reply If you ROLF can tell me how can i attached file to my reply it would be great .... THX (it's horrible that i can't add files to my answer)

so back to example of bart pastoor - his script is fine but due to forum decoder of some special text effects especially of LINK that use square bracket the source code of script is not displayed properly.

i show sample:

if V[_database=II0] <- this is bad

Icon "ii0_icon.ico"

endif

if V{square bracket}_database=II0{square bracket} <- here replace in your code text {square bracket} with the real square bracket and replace system ID (here II0) with some of your system ID you use

Icon "_icon.ico"

endif

after that everything will be fine if you put some icon named _icon.ico to directory togehter with this script

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello bart,

do you have resolved the problem?? i'm interested the solution.

thanks

umberto

0 Kudos

Hi Bart,

I saw that you resolved your own issue, and I'm very interested in it. I tried it with the hints in your reply but did not succeed. Can you give me some additional information?

Kind regards Erik.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

Problem is solved by a colleague of mine.

Activate GUIXT in "customize local layout".

Provide custom icons in a PC directory c:\guixt

provide script "saplsmtr_navigation.e0100.txt" in there with content

if V[_database=II0]

Icon "ii0_icon.ico"

endif

if V[_database=IR0]

Icon "ir0_icon.ico"

endif

if V[_database=IP0]

Icon "ip0_icon.ico"

endif

if V[_database=IC1]

Icon "ic1_icon.ico"

endif

now it works like a charm !

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bart,

I don't know about the icons, but certainly you can change the color of the GUI based on the system you access...

Just open your system and go to the last button in the toolbar that is called "Customize local layout" -> New Visual Design -> Color Settings... You can choose a different color for the different systems and that will make your life easier.

Regards

Juan

Please reward with points if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Juan, yes I knew that and mentioned that in my original message. This is about colors on the Windows taskbar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi bart,

To the Best of my knowledge, it is not possible to colorize the tabs in the status bar according to different systems.

Regards

--Shamish

RMW
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

the representation of sessions in window managing tools like the Windows taskbar or the Dock in Mac OS X usually is left up to the Window system. The Mac OS X dock for example is doing a decent job in making useful icons in the dock for minimized sessions (see screenshot). There might be tools around for other OSes as well doing similar things.

Best regards

Rolf-Martin