Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ITS 6.10 - Sharing Services

praveen_pillai3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Guys

Please have a look at the issue below...

I have a function module which uses a screen for displaying some information. This screen has an IAC designed for display in Portal.

I have another service which calls this function module and displays the screen. This relation between the program and the function module works fine in SAPGUI, but once i switch to ITS i am getting the following message

<i>Interpreter Failed

The Internet Transaction Server failed to generate the response for current request.

Please contact the system administrator.</i>

This message is usually shown when there is a dump, but in this case thats not the case.. Is there anything that I should be writing/setting in my ITS service to connect it to the function module service?

I would appreicte if any one could advice me on this issue..

Thanks

Prav

Message was edited by: Praveen Pillai

Message was edited by: Praveen Pillai

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member316351
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Praveen,

You should set "webgui 1" in your ITS service file now to see what program and screen the ITS tried to generate but could not. You might be able to see this in the ITS trace files as well. Then you could create an IAC template for the missing program and screen and publish to the ITS, then remove the "webgui 1" from the service file.

Edgar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

praveen_pillai3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for the quick reply

I already have an IAC set up for the screen in my function module... once i set webgui/generateddynpro as 1 I am able to see the screen, but my requirement is to show my custom IAC when i call the module... any thought..

Both the IAC's are in different services.

Thanks

Prav

former_member316351
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Praveen,

So you published the IAC templates to Ztransaction1 and you're calling Ztransaction2 but want it to display IAC templates from Ztransaction1? If that is the case add "~sources ztransaction1" to the service file of ztransaction2.

Regards,

Edgar Chuang

praveen_pillai3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Edgar

I am doing that... let me explain the situation in bit more details

I have a transaction ZT1 which used 3 screens. All these screens are published in one internet Service ZSRV1. I have a function group which has one screen in it and this screen is published in serivce ZSRV2. The endusers will be using service ZSRV1 from where a call is made to the function module which will display the screen.

Now if I have the ~sources in ZSRV2 pointing toward ZSRV1 and test ZSRV1, when the call to the function is made.. the screen does appear, but doesn't use my IAC... it just renders the SAP Screen to show the gui on the screen. I would appreciate if anyone can tell me how to make ZSRV1 use my custom IAC in ZSRV2 when the call is made.

Thanks in advance

Cheers

Prav

former_member316351
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Praveen,

I think you have it mixed up is all.

If the users call URL http://host:port/scripts/wgate/zsrv1/!

and this includes the function module with a screen in service ZSRV2 then the zsrv1.srvc file should have:

~sources zsrv2

By your description it sounds like you set "~sources zsrv1" in the zsrv2.srvc file. Note that it should be the other way around.

Best regards,

Edgar Chuang