cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI 7.0 Installation : Physical separation of ABAP/Java stack !?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear forum users.

The system administrator of my customer would like (if possible) to separate physically both abap and Java stack on 2 machines for all XI system in the landscape.

The goal is to optimize the clustering UNIX installation (I'm not expert of this part)

=> optimal high availability. (...)

I just want to check near you if this can pose problem regarding XI operating way.

From my point of you, it complexifies a little configuration steps but Is there another impacts ?

PS : A master central SLD is envisaged and a second slave one on the XI production server.

Thanks a lot in advance for your precious help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I feel it is better to separate Java and Abap on XI/PI.

Also, a non-productive and productive SLDs are a good idea, but on different hardware to XI. Especially if you have a complex landscape

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot.

For information

Our central SLD is on a standalone system

However slave SLD (to ensure autonomy and HA for production XI system) will be deployed on Java separated hardware system of Xi production system.

On master SLD all systems are described and all machine are linked with it (SLDAPICUST) except production XI one

On slave SLD, all data of master one are replicated and only XI system is linked with (SLDAPICUST)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is important when you start NW Components that rely on SLD like Enterprise Portal.