cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search User activity logs/Traces

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We want to find the logs/trace which display/shows actual activity (like insert update or modification on any field values) carried out by the users.

In case if you know about it then please reply

Please make a note that we want to search the data from last one month logs.

Regards,

JP.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jigar,

Refer to SAP Note 139418 - Logging user actions

This note will guide you how to set traces.

Regards,

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Still I did not found the solution.

Once again I am explaining the issue.

Assume that user had made modification or deleted some entry. I and now it is giving the error as the object/data is not found.

We want to find out which user had made the changes?

Please make a note that we had not enable any trace.

Regards,

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello Jigar,

If this is a table for which table logging is active then you can find the details using report RSTBHIST.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jigar,

Sm19 is an option but there is an restriction on the number of users which can be traced using it. So if you want to run the trace for all users this is not an option.

You can alternatively find these details using transactions STAD/STAT,ST03/ST03.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for early reply and also for reminding for the bonus points.

ST03N....it will give the analysis stat and count.

But it is not showing the detailed logs.

At present we want something where it shows all the activities of the user had done in a day and from there we would like to find out according to the requirement.

Thanks and regards,

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use transaction code ST03N.

*Use TCodes STAT or STATTRACE*

1. Go to tx code - ST03N

2. Under "Workload" you can select your "Instance or Total" so that it expands and shows you Days, Week, Month.

3. If you want to look at the transactions executed for a particular day, lets say, then double click on any day.

4. At the bottom left you get "Analysis Views"

5. Select & expand "User and Settlement Statistics"

6. Double click on "User Profile"

7. On the right side of the window you get a list of all the users

8. Double click on a particular user you want to view the details of.

9. The new screen will display the "Transactions/Reports Utilized by User XXX"

If you wanna track which users executed a particular transacation then follow this:

10. In "Analysis Views" expand "Transaction Profile"

11. Double click on "Standard"

You can view the list of Transactions and Reports.

12. Double click on the Tx Code or Report you wanna check and it will show the Use of it.

Also tcode SM18,SM19,SM20 should be used as told.

This will help you.

Regards

Sumit Jain

[reward with points if the answer is useful]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I had already tried this option and with st03n, I am able to find out day wise, month wise data.

But it is not what actually I am looking for.

for e.g. if I search xxx transaction accessed by n no of users in a month then it is giving the user id but it is not showing on what date/day & time users had access the transaction.

Also I want what kind of changes or activity they had carried out that is insert, update change (with values).

Even if I search at the user level I am getting the same level.

Regards,

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jigar,

You can audit perticular user using T-code SM19 and you can view audit logs in SM20. you can delete audit logs in SM18.

1. Activation of audit

goto sm19 --> Dynamic configuration --> change --> select filter 1 and specify details and which type of audit event you want. --> activate audit.

Once complition of audit you have to deactive audit.

2. Audit log

goto SM20 --> specify user details and Reread audit log.

3. Delition of logs

goto sm18 --> specify no.of days and execute.

Regards,

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

According to your suggestion we had created Audit logs and on that bases system generated the logs.

But the logs are shown from the date it was created and not for the past records.

Also I found that after generating the logs we have to delete the logs (with sm18) but what are the parameters need to set to delete the logs?

We want something where it shows all the activities of the user had done in a day and from there we would like to find out according to the requirement.

Thanks and regards,

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use transaction sm19.. to define security audit profile...

to see logs use transaction sm20

Regards

Ben

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

According to your suggestion we had created Audit logs and on that bases system generated the logs.

But the logs are shown from the date it was created and not for the past records.

Also I found that after generating the logs we have to delete the logs (with sm18) but what are the parameters need to set to delete the logs?

We want something where it shows all the activities of the user had done in a day and from there we would like to find out according to the requirement.

Thanks and regards,

JP