cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double-stack installation: Connection between NSP and J2S system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I installed the new trial versions of NW 7.0 (ABAP + JAVA). Now I'm looking forward to write some WD Applications using WebServices. Some of the threads here include important information on connecting ABAP and JAVA systems, residing on one and the same machine.

Raja Durairaj Athava wrote: "... first you have assign your host a dummy domain which i have explained in this blog /people/durairaj.athavanraja/blog/2005/08/21/running-your-first-bsp-application-in-sap-netweaver-04-abap-edition--nsp

(do all the steps explained in this blog.)

then go to RZ10 transaction and edit the following profile parameters

ssf/ssfapi_lib = $(DIR_CT_RUN)sapsecu.dll

sec/libsapsecu = $(DIR_CT_RUN)sapsecu.dll

to (to add the back slash)

ssf/ssfapi_lib = $(DIR_CT_RUN)\sapsecu.dll

sec/libsapsecu = $(DIR_CT_RUN)\sapsecu.dll

then import verify der from portal and load it into strustsso2 transaction in abap engine

now you can create system definition/alias inportal for abap system and create bsp iview, transaction iview etc. ... "

Is this really enough to enable communication? Could some one contribute his/ her expirience on this through the eyes of an ABAP developer. Maybe someone wrote a few systematic notes on that?

Thank you in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the steps i had explained will help to you create BSP iview, IAC iview, etc for writing some WD Applications , you also need to set up jco destination (which requires a fix for the log on group)

This fix is explained in a weblog by Thomas Jung (the title if remeber correctly is "Lessons learned .... log on group") I couldnt search for this as SDN search is not working.

Once you do the steps explained in the above mentioned blog then you can start settuing up and writing WD appns.

Raja