cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Additional Page printing in SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

We are facing a problem where an additional page gets printed with every PO we print from SAP.

This additional page just contains the information like:

User: <i>The login Name</i>

Host: <i>Server-name</i>

Class:

Job: <i>job no.PRD</i>

Due to this,a lot of stationary is getting wasted.

Can someone please suggest,how we can avoid printing this page?

Thanks in Advance,

Bhavin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In printer configuration in SAP level, Select the output attributes tab> Do not print host spooler cover page. and Save it. check with the test print.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

Thanks for the reply. Our printer is already configured for option "Do not print host spooler cover page". Moreover this extra page is not a cover page,it is the last page that gets printed with every PO.

The <i>Job: 000000308100001.PRD</i> (say for example),is getting printed on this page.Here the 3081 is the spool Request Number generated in SP01.

Thanks,

Bhavin P Shah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavin,

This issue is with the Banner page which needs to be disabled and this can be resolved by changing manual setting at printer level itself.

And also refer OSS note 77540 for unwanted title pages. This may help you solve the issue.

Reward points if helpful.

Regards

Ganesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member

hi,

The TCP/IP printer’s network settings by typing in the printer’s IP address in your windows internet explorer.

When connecting to the printer’s IP address: on internet explorer, you able to see the printer’s configuration settings. By clicking on the configuration link on the left menu and selecting the “Networking” Tab, at the bottom of the screen there is an option for ‘LPD Banner Page.’ The current setting for this option is ‘enable.’ the LPD option is set to ‘enable’ by default. Therefore, this option needs to be manually ‘disabled’ after the printer is set up. This is good for anyone to keep in mind in case you have new HP printers set up on your network.

rvanschepen
Explorer
0 Kudos

Had the same issue, and this was the solution that worked eventually.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I configured the Printer to __DEFAULT as suggsted by one Basis Consultant and it worked.

Thanks to all of you who povided some clue.