Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting PO WF Approval when SC is approved

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone!

Maybe you could address my question....

I'm curious if there is an option to make SRM create PO automatically from approved SC in proper status to make WF PO approval go on without manual editing automatically created PO.

Currently when I create SC manually or from external requirement (PM), after approval (in case of SC form PM, SC is already approved - this is also a problem for me because I have to address the requirement to enable customer to approve SC created from PM) PO is being created in status HELD so user have to edit it and make an order to start approval WF. Is it possible to make SRM automatically create PO from SC in such a status that will initiate approval without manual editting of PO?

Thanks in advance...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

<u>Please go through the links below -></u>

Which SRM version are you using ? Do let me know.

Regards

- Atul

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

Workflow is not big issue in your scenario. You can set workflow without approval. The point is someone have to specify supplier to create a PO.

What is your scenario and who specify the supplier ?

Scenario A:

1. PM Purchase Requisition is transfered to SRM.

It will appear in SRM Sourcing Cockpit.

2. Purchaser picks up items and assign supplier and create a PO.

Scenario B:

1. Employee selects items from catalog with supplier information and create a SC.

2. after without approval or approval, PO is created.

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's more like B scenario, without sourcing cocpit,

the question is if it's possible to make the system automatically start PO approal WF just after PO is created from SC (without editting it)? Assuming that everything is correctly specified in SC (vendor, price etc) is it possible to make the system create PO automatically form SC in status completed (ordered) which will triger PO approval WF without any manual change on PO?

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Please check the start condition for BUS2201 in transaction SWB_PROCUREMENT. There are 2 events, SAVED and SAVE CHANGE VERSION. It sounds like change version works but initial PO has problem in start condition.

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Question is: when SRM creates PO form SC in status HELD is the event SC SAVED released? Is there any relation beetwen the status of the document and the event that is related to it. Is the event SAVED released regardless of the status in which the document is created?

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I think workflow is triggered when Document Completed I1180. HELD status does not trigger the workflow event.

HEADER I1021 Created

HEADER I1038 Complete

HEADER I1180 Document Completed

HEADER I1015 Awaiting Approval

Regards,

Masa